Renewed all my Licenses a few weeks ago . . . Yay!

300 x $50 = $15,000. I don't see how you get $105,000.

Besides that, there is overhead to pay. Gotta learn the difference between gross and net.

Ha - no - you need to learn how the Security business works.

We receive up to 42 months of monitoring upfront on each sale. 39 is the base.

No overhead with no physical office. Everything is home-based. Only expense is the Equipment and that is funded.

Pretty neat set up actually.

Last edited:
Maybe he means after a year he’ll be at that income per month.
But why he believes he’ll be at 300 installs per month from the get go is beyond me.

That’s like me coming into the insurance biz saying I’ll have 100 apps a month no problem.
It can’t be that easy

Never said we would have 300 installs from the get. Remember - I said after 2 years of hard work?

If he's doing it as a dealer or sub-dealer through a major monitoring company, I believe they "advance" the full monthly monitoring for the first 2 yrs (unsure exact) to the dealer. So $50 = $1,200.

Then they subtract equip cost (because he "gives it" to the customer) or, he buys, either way, it costs. Dealer ends up with a grand, max - more likely, $800.. Then, dealer pays the rep - whatever the agreement is (maybe $200). So, dealer now has $600.

Monitoring company advances 2 yrs. to the dealer, because they average 8 years of monthly monitoring.

Chargebacks kill in that business - if the person cancels within first 1.5 year, it all goes on the dealer as a pure loss (he paid for equip as a gamble).

Biggest hurdles - getting canvassers in a lazy economy.

Good luck...

Just knowing this guys from the forum... I just can't see him building and retaining a big team of reps. It's already a churn and burn even for the best managers.

They purchase the monitoring account from us at a 42 month multiple . . .

If he's doing it as a dealer or sub-dealer through a major monitoring company, I believe they "advance" the full monthly monitoring for the first 2 yrs (unsure exact) to the dealer. So $50 = $1,200.

Then they subtract equip cost (because he "gives it" to the customer) or, he buys, either way, it costs. Dealer ends up with a grand, max - more likely, $800.. Then, dealer pays the rep - whatever the agreement is (maybe $200). So, dealer now has $600.

Monitoring company advances 2 yrs. to the dealer, because they average 8 years of monthly monitoring.

Chargebacks kill in that business - if the person cancels within first 1.5 year, it all goes on the dealer as a pure loss (he paid for equip as a gamble).

Biggest hurdles - getting canvassers in a lazy economy.

Good luck...

Just knowing this guys from the forum... I just can't see him building and retaining a big team of reps. It's already a churn and burn even for the best managers.

Totally wrong actually.

On a $50 month deal - we get paid up to 42X - then the Lead Generator gets 2X and the Sales Rep gets up to 8X and the Installer gets up to 3X . . . Equipment is 12X to 15X depending on Package.

No Canvassers. All sales made via leads from a D2D operation and Direct Mail via EDDM.

We are responsible for chargebacks for just 3 payments. Off the hook after that . . .

Why? That's not my business.

I know about securities.

I know about safety, security, and guarantees of life insurance and annuities.

Why would I have to learn about the security business?

You mentioned there was overhead to pay and need to "learn" the difference in gross and net.

We have no overhead . . . We sell and we get paid. No offices, No expenses, etc.

Gross is what it is. Net - I can make it whatever we want.

Pretty sweet deal I got . . . Just have to sell and everything works.

Describes every business in America.

Good luck.

Yea man - just have to sell . . . We have a very lucrative program for our Lead Generators and Sales Reps. Providing them with state of the art equipment, next day installs and competitive rates - it's a no brainer.

Our $29.99 Package - including Wireless Cell with Panic and Medical buttons + basic Home Protection is great for Seniors. Insurance Agent could make an extra $60 just by referring them for a System - $200 to $300 if they handle the sale - which takes less than an hour . . .

Thanks for the luck too.

Totally wrong actually.

On a $50 month deal - we get paid up to 42X - then the Lead Generator gets 2X and the Sales Rep gets up to 8X and the Installer gets up to 3X . . . Equipment is 12X to 15X depending on Package.

No Canvassers. All sales made via leads from a D2D operation and Direct Mail via EDDM.

We are responsible for chargebacks for just 3 payments. Off the hook after that . . .

Yeah, not sure how I was "totally wrong." 2 yrs was an example. I got the concept of the business model, didn't I? Good for you, your deal is 42 months.... not 24, a number I just threw out there.

After you pay all of them their portion, you'll probably still end up with about a grand as the dealer.

And who cares, anyway. It's not like you'll actually successfully recruit, train, motivate, and retain the massive team of reps it'll take to get to the numbers you are projecting.

It doesn't matter how well it pays if there are no sales.

Good luck. I believe it will be harder than insurance, but, what do I know. It's a shiny object... go chase it.

Back