Replacing my Transamerica Client

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I do mostly health but was fairly active in FE in the past.I have been termed for non production from Trans and a couple of others but now ready to gear back up for FE.I do not roll by book of business but I have a Trans client who wants a more coverage and i was going to replace by Trans with Standard Life.Will this prevent me from getting recontracted with Trans in the next few months? I have never replaced one of my own policies before for what that worth.

I do mostly health but was fairly active in FE in the past.I have been termed for non production from Trans and a couple of others but now ready to gear back up for FE.I do not roll by book of business but I have a Trans client who wants a more coverage and i was going to replace by Trans with Standard Life.Will this prevent me from getting recontracted with Trans in the next few months? I have never replaced one of my own policies before for what that worth.

Transamerica is so big I've never known for them to care in any of my situations where I've done it.

It's the smaller companies that care about that stuff typically

If the replacement form ends up in the wrong persons hands, Trans will never contract you again! The chances are slim, as Spur said, but in my opinion, it's not worth the risk.

That's a question I have . Spur you say you've done a lot of business with Foresters .You obviously have nice renewals . If you run into a recent Foresters that's10% more
than Trinity will you replace it ?With nice renewals I would think its not worth the risk of being terminated for cause .

I'm curious to as why you are doing the replacement in the first place. Will the client be significantly better off with regards to a cheaper premium or a higher face amount? How old is the Trans policy and has their health changed? In other words...will the replacement better the client's situation, or just yours?

Why not just add additional coverage on top the trans to meet his needs? :1baffled:

I'm curious to as why you are doing the replacement in the first place. Will the client be significantly better off with regards to a cheaper premium or a higher face amount? How old is the Trans policy and has their health changed? In other words...will the replacement better the client's situation, or just yours?

One policy fee instead of two, and standard rates are much lower than trans are two guesses.

Policy about 18 months old .He is a smoker but very healthy and I made it clear about the new contestability.I didn't initiated this he called me up and said he wanted 10k and I believe he was shopping so I wanted to make sure another agent didn't replace it..Has 7k with trans pays 47.00 and 10k with Standard Life is 58.00 and that was the limit of his budget.According to FEXQUOTE there wasn't any FE carrier that sold 3K that would have been cheaper as an add on to his 7K.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Policy about 18 months old .He is a smoker but very healthy and I made it clear about the new contestability.I didn't initiated this he called me up and said he wanted 10k and I believe he was shopping so I wanted to make sure another agent didn't replace it..Has 7k with trans pays 47.00 and 10k with Standard Life is 58.00 and that was the limit of his budget.According to FEXQUOTE there wasn't any FE carrier that sold 3K that would have been cheaper as an add on to his 7K.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I say do what's best for the client and let the companies whine about it if they so chose. They all say we should do what's in the best interest of the client.

If a company were to term me for doing what's best for the client then I don't need that company anyway.

Back