Republicans Thinking About Subsidy Extension

It looks as if Congress is seriously considering extending subsidies until August, 2017 if SCOTUS invalidates the law:
GOP leaders consider preserving PPACA subsidies until after the 2016 election | LifeHealthPro

That would seem to make lots of sense and give then 2 years to fix this mess, if that is the plan I am all far SCOTUS throwing this out.

Why August? That seems stupid. So the carriers get 8 months of premiums, the public does everything possible prior to 8/1, then drops the coverage when the subsidies stop. Carriers will love that.

It looks as if Congress is seriously considering extending subsidies until August, 2017 if SCOTUS invalidates the law:
GOP leaders consider preserving PPACA subsidies until after the 2016 election | LifeHealthPro

That would seem to make lots of sense and give then 2 years to fix this mess, if that is the plan I am all far SCOTUS throwing this out.

Then WHAT THE HELL were the Republicans thinking when they voted over 55 times to repeal Obamacare! "We wanted everything repealed, except the subsidies??" Yeah right...

Obama should call their bluff and say, "Ok arseholes, I'll sign-off on the next repeal. Hope you got a replacement. Bring it on!"

Then WHAT THE HELL were the Republicans thinking when they voted over 55 times to repeal Obamacare! "We wanted everything repealed, except the subsidies??" Yeah right... Obama should call their bluff and say, "Ok arseholes, I'll sign-off on the next repeal. Hope you got a replacement. Bring it on!"

Would that make you feel better about voting for Obama?

Then WHAT THE HELL were the Republicans thinking when they voted over 55 times to repeal Obamacare! "We wanted everything repealed, except the subsidies??" Yeah right...

Obama should call their bluff and say, "Ok arseholes, I'll sign-off on the next repeal. Hope you got a replacement. Bring it on!"

Exactly this... pander to the extremely excitable morons on the far right, knowing change is not even the slightest bit related to a "Conservative" political stance. They had a defensible argument while the law was not a law, or even before the law took action. Any action after that contradicts the root of what they do... They were merely acting as though they had the guts to change the law, knowing their Obamacare repeals had no chance of actually doing anything. Now that they are nearing the window in which they may actually be able to do something, they cling to their roots.

Chesterton put it best, almost 100 years ago... "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."

Back