Saw a new low for a Banker's agent today..

"Chris Markowski called the tactic a classic bait and switch, and told INSIDE EDITION that there is absolutely no annuity that makes sense for someone who is 73 years old."

I beg to differ. Annuities are not in and of themselves evil. There are certainly options that would provide a 73 year old a guaranteed income for life and wouldn't be taking advantage of the person.

And as far as "putting them in the nursing home," that is no more than getting them emotionally involved in the need. Heck, how do you sell a death benefit without putting them in the morgue and asking them how their kids are going to pay for them to get from the morgue to the cemetery? I don't mean to defend Bankers Life agents by any means, but this article is really not even handed at all.

"Chris Markowski called the tactic a classic bait and switch, and told INSIDE EDITION that there is absolutely no annuity that makes sense for someone who is 73 years old."

I beg to differ. Annuities are not in and of themselves evil. There are certainly options that would provide a 73 year old a guaranteed income for life and wouldn't be taking advantage of the person.

And as far as "putting them in the nursing home," that is no more than getting them emotionally involved in the need. Heck, how do you sell a death benefit without putting them in the morgue and asking them how their kids are going to pay for them to get from the morgue to the cemetery? I don't mean to defend Bankers Life agents by any means, but this article is really not even handed at all.

TV is never even handed. It’s all about the sizzle. But Bankers is probably worse than that showed.

If no annuity is good for a 73 year old that would mean no CD is either, right?

Back