Scanner Problems

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Unfortunately I have Windows Vista and my All in One (Lexmark x6170) is compatible, but not the scanning software. I want to scan to a pdf file and I was wondering if anyone knew of any free software to do this?

Use the Microsoft Office Document Scanner software. It's free (if you have office, though you may have to install it). It creates multi-page tiff files.

Use pdf995 (from software995.com, and it cost 9.95) to print to the tiff to a pdf.

I don't know of anyway to do it for free, if you need the pdf. I use the above method, it works well, though I only make pdf's if I'm sharing the document, internally, I just leave it in the tiff file.

Dan

Use the Microsoft Office Document Scanner software. It's free (if you have office, though you may have to install it). It creates multi-page tiff files.

Use pdf995 (from software995.com, and it cost 9.95) to print to the tiff to a pdf.

I don't know of anyway to do it for free, if you need the pdf. I use the above method, it works well, though I only make pdf's if I'm sharing the document, internally, I just leave it in the tiff file.

Dan

Thanks! So it's ok to leave it in a TIFF file? I can't use a standard fax due to my POS VOIP carrier, so I scan and E-Fax everything. Would this be an acceptable format for say... appointment contracts?

Back