Scary Situation Today

rbbga

Expert
I don't get on here that much anymore, but I had a scary situation that happened today and wanted to remind everyone to always be cognizant of their surroundings. I was out today door knocking DM leads in a rural area(of all places) and a young thug tried to car jack/ rob me at gun point.

This guy and his young dummy friends were all teenage to early twenty somethings hanging out in the front yard of a neighboring house about 3 or 4 houses down from the one I was knocking. I knocked on the door and no one was home, so I got back in my car, started it and locked the door. I then picked up my phone, checked my email and started plugging in the next address. All within a couple of mins the thug had made it up to my car with a hoody on and attempted to open my driver's side door. I hadn't looked up until that point, so it took me by complete surprise. He was waving his gun and backing off like he was getting ready to shoot. I instinctively threw my arm up to shield my head and hammered the car in drive and sped off. Luckily he didn't shoot.

I don't know how this day would have turned out if my car had not been running or my doors not locked, but I'm glad I didn't find out. I'm still shaken to say the least and it's got me thinking that I need to start carrying while working now.

Be safe out there folks. There are idiots lurking in ALL areas that we work.

So glad I don’t go to random neighborhoods anymore.

But I still need to get my concealed carry. This just reminds me. And maybe a smaller gun than I have

So glad I don’t go to random neighborhoods anymore.

But I still need to get my concealed carry. This just reminds me. And maybe a smaller gun than I have
I carry a LCP 380.. Fits nicely in my front pants pocket and is much lighter than my 9 mm. I am not so much concerned with knock down power as I am about making them hesitate long enough of me to escape. My hero days are long gone..

If someone tries to carjack you, and you don't pull out a gun, you could lose your car.

If someone tries to carjack you, and you do pull out a gun, you could lose your life.

Your choice.

I like my car, but I like me more.

Last edited:
Back