Securus Final Expense

Frank B just got a ton of agents back lol, last time i spoke with him last week he brought on 60 new agents, lol, bye bye Securus, im sure Frank is gonna get a bunch more agents leaving them.
What amazes me is the arrogance of Burns. I remember him putting up a post on facebook a few months ago where he said something to the effect of how he didn't like to gloat but he is enjoying proving all those wrong that doubted him. Sort of like a how do you like me now comment. I remember thinking to myself, "Burns, since you took over the Securus leads program 8 months ago and implemented your road warrior program, over 50% of their agents have left. How is that success?"

Now here is the kicker. It appears Goldberg's credit was so bad with insurance companies that he desperately needed Burns to come on board and save him. That is why he lost Transamerica and American Amicable, so Burns brought with him AML but worked out a deal with them that every application any Securus agent (not just Securus Select) sends to American Memorial, Burns gets $36. That does not include the over ride Securus gets on each application either. Goldberg was so desperate he let Burns get that $36 cut on each application and it also explains why American Memorials rates are not that competitive.

Question: On the Securus website, it appears as there is a big convention next week in Atlanta. Is that still on?

If I were a recruiter and Securus is truly dead, a hundred ticked off agents might be a head hunters dream. Higher contracts and a better lead system might be just the ticket to turn that frown upside down.
I have not been with Securus for several months so I'm not sure if the convention is still on. I doubt they even have close to 50 agents anymore though. It is seriously that bad. Almost every NAD has left or almost his entire team has left Securus. People finally woke up to their con game. The sad thing is it could have been fixed if they had just gone back to mailing the demographic that got agents out there writing a lot of business. They were just too proud and were convinced they were right. Well how do you like it now Securus?

:D

"Final Expense Leads less than $19 in the State of Georgia."

Where do I sign up?

Who mails SS's leads? What evidence so you have that they are paying less than $19 a lead? Can you upload a sample of the lead they currently use?

Question: On the Securus website, it appears as there is a big convention next week in Atlanta. Is that still on?

If I were a recruiter and Securus is truly dead, a hundred ticked off agents might be a head hunters dream. Higher contracts and a better lead system might be just the ticket to turn that frown upside down.

Hmmmmm, hey Dave, wanna make a road trip and head on down for a couple days? We need to be scalping tickets as these agents are coming and going.

Ill take care of making up some cool "get out of FE jail" recruiting flyers and cards we can pass out. Dan Kennedy style of course. Here take a look:

SUMMER 2015 SECURUS CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS - Powered by Eventzilla

Id say hit it on Saturday, Im working that Friday.:yes:

----------

Where do I sign up?

Who mails SS's leads? What evidence so you have that they are paying less than $19 a lead? Can you upload a sample of the lead they currently use?

Hey check my shout out to you on coming to Atlanta on the 8th.

Where do I sign up?

The NAD that left Securus told me that he found out how many mail pieces that were sent out, how many were returned and the total cost of the mailing. From that he was able to determine the cost of each returned lead and it came up to around $18.75 per lead. The returns were better because he found out that they mailed to an income range from $0 to $30,000 instead of the income range he wanted mailed to which was $10,000 to $50,000. Thinking that maybe he was just inflating those numbers because he was still pretty pissed at what Securus did behind his back, I did some research myself.

When I left Securus I interviewed with three FE agencies and all three of them agreed that doing a mailing to that income range would result in the cost of each returned lead being below $20. I then also talked to a mail house that said based upon their data from returns on that income range the cost per lead returned would be a little less than $22 per lead. My point is that Securus was selling their leads for more than it cost them. They were making a profit by selling leads to their agents for $25 even though it cost them less than $20 per returned lead.

Last edited:
You are making egregious assumptions based off of someone with an axe to grind, and a bunch of lead salesmen that are inflating their numbers in an attempt to get your business.

There are several well-known IMOs, significantly larger than Securus in its present form, that are lucky to break even at a $25 price point on a final expense lead.

I can think of one off-record that has told me they have never profited on leads in Georgia, and another one that has resorted to bribing people with $5 Walmart cards and depositable check leads to boost response.

Plus you have oversimplified the art and science behind mail drops; it is not just about data. Suggesting that the $0-$10k income addition and the exclusion of the 30k-$50k filter is responsible for the failure of an entire agency is stretching it.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that anyone in Georgia is getting a $18.75 average lead cost; that's probably a 2%+ aggregate response rate.

The NAD that left Securus told me that he found out how many mail pieces that were sent out, how many were returned and the total cost of the mailing. From that he was able to determine the cost of each returned lead and it came up to around $18.75 per lead. The returns were better because he found out that they mailed to an income range from $0 to $30,000 instead of the income range he wanted mailed to which was $10,000 to $50,000. Thinking that maybe he was just inflating those numbers because he was still pretty pissed at what Securus did behind his back, I did some research myself.

When I left Securus I interviewed with three FE agencies and all three of them agreed that doing a mailing to that income range would result in the cost of each returned lead being below $20. I then also talked to a mail house that said based upon their data from returns on that income range the cost per lead returned would be a little less than $22 per lead. My point is that Securus was selling their leads for more than it cost them. They were making a profit by selling leads to their agents for $25 even though it cost them less than $20 per returned lead.

I don't see what the complaint is with Securus making a profit on the leads.. Most of the FMOs make a profit on the leads. Companies exist to make a profit and most have more than one income stream.

First off, I never said anything about the state of Georgia. Someone added that into their post and made it look like I said it. Secondly, the reason I brought up Securus making a profit on leads was because they regularly boasted about how they do not make a profit on leads, and that they did in fact take a loss on them.

The other thing that upset so many agents was that they lowered the income demographic of the mailings without telling anyone. Seasoned agents went from regularly writing over $10,000 per month to writing less than $3,000 per month. We started getting a lot more no bank accounts and can't affords from clients so we knew something was different about these leads.

Securus just kept telling us we were the problem, not the leads, and that we were not plugging into the system. Well we were plugged into the road warrior system which costs close to $1,000 week in expenses. Agents started dropping off like flies when they changed things but they refused to acknowledge that it wasn't working.

I came on here to give you all an update on how Securus is pretty much dead and to reconfirm what many others have said over the years about them which is that Securus is a very deceiving and down right unethical company. You all can doubt and question what I have posted all you want but it doesn't change that fact that Securus has lost hundreds of agents since Burns and Goldberg joined forces.

Seasoned agents went from regularly writing over $10,000 per month to writing less than $3,000 per month. We started getting a lot more no bank accounts and can't affords from clients so we knew something was different about these leads.

Securus just kept telling us we were the problem, not the leads

From the sounds of it I agree with them. Sorry, but if you are getting the same number of leads production shouldn't drop by 70%, and especially not because of income demographics. I've been running $0-40k exclusively and had no such issues.

I suspect the highlighted part above is the real issue. I like to call it "head in ass syndrome."

First off, I never said anything about the state of Georgia. Someone added that into their post and made it look like I said it. Secondly, the reason I brought up Securus making a profit on leads was because they regularly boasted about how they do not make a profit on leads, and that they did in fact take a loss on them.

The other thing that upset so many agents was that they lowered the income demographic of the mailings without telling anyone. Seasoned agents went from regularly writing over $10,000 per month to writing less than $3,000 per month. We started getting a lot more no bank accounts and can't affords from clients so we knew something was different about these leads.

Securus just kept telling us we were the problem, not the leads, and that we were not plugging into the system. Well we were plugged into the road warrior system which costs close to $1,000 week in expenses. Agents started dropping off like flies when they changed things but they refused to acknowledge that it wasn't working.

I came on here to give you all an update on how Securus is pretty much dead and to reconfirm what many others have said over the years about them which is that Securus is a very deceiving and down right unethical company. You all can doubt and question what I have posted all you want but it doesn't change that fact that Securus has lost hundreds of agents since Burns and Goldberg joined forces.

Well, when you mention "Securus Select," it would only make sense to think of Georgia as the home office is in LaGrange, Georgia.

Secondly, you have only provided conjecture and assumption with your claim about Securus "profiting" from their leads. There is no proof with what you are saying, and there is enough evidence to the contrary regarding lead price points to cast doubt.

Regardless, as a producing agent getting leads, I really don't care t-h-a-t much about the agency above me profiting on the sale of leads, as long as the lead price is reasonable. If you guys are getting a lead that says "life insurance" for $25 in the State of Georgia, there is no reason to complain.

Lastly, laying blame on a 70% reduction in business due to dropping leads to deadbeats is a joke; I can see a small reduction, and a lower quality prospect, sure. But an alleged reduction from 10k to 3k? Give me a break.

One more thing. It may sound like I am shilling for Securus, but I worked with them around 2 years ago and remember specifically when Securus delegated the fresh leads I purchased to Securus Select agents in addition to myself. So I was there when Goldberg and the gang screwed me over, too.

Back