Selling in a Section 8-low Income Building

The section 8 is no big deal. Sounds like a great opportunity to me. I would be all over it.

When I do those I just do my normal presentation to a group as though I was presenting one on one. My presentation is designed to educate anyway.

Definitely being door prizes. Most of the people that do those give a $15 gift card or something like that.

I like to be different. I take 3 gift cards. A $25, a $15 and a $10. Costs $50. They love Walmart. But anywhere they might actually use it is fine. Gas cards don't go over well.

I would do one every week if I had the chance.

Sounds like a 'Black Friday' event after Thanksgiving. Are you sure you're not inviting a riot with the gift cards?

Dice, Popeyes chicken and..

download.jpg

You're set..

Good one Prtzl!

Just spend an evening doing bingo with them, you have some slips out, they mark their interest, you spend an hour on the phone setting some appts, a day working then. Let's say you spent $200 on door prizes, gift cards, etc. You sale 4-5 $35 a month policies (being VERY conservative here) your time and $200 brought in $1,500+ profit. I'd say that's a pretty sound investment. You should crush that number by the way with that many people!

I've done a bunch of those. The winning gift card is ...(drumroll please)... Dollar General Store. These guys don't have cars to go to the big fancy Wal-Mart. Dollar General is walkable.

Do the $10, $15, $25 to spread out the excitement.

Expect to run into a lot of Bankers Life policies (often clean sheeted). They must work that circuit heavily.

Cheat sheeted? Now theres a new one on me?

Bankers life ought to be closed up. Vipers

I think it's clean sheeted. That's where an agent checkmarks all the boxes no even when one or more of the health question should be answered yes or sometimes they mark them as female rather than male or tobacco as nontobacco.

When you run into those, as long as there was no telephone interview, you could not only replace them, explaining to the client that if they were to die today it would not pay, but you can usually get the policy rescinded and all the premiums return to the client plus the agent gets charged back.

Of course, only do this if it is within the two-year contestability period.

I think it's clean sheeted. That's where an agent checkmarks all the boxes no, sometimes they mark them as female rather than male or tobacco as nontobacco.

When you run into those, as long as there was no telephone interview, you could not only replace them, explaining to the client that if they were to die today it would not pay, but you can usually get the policy rescinded and all the premiums return to the client plus the agent gets charged back.

Of course, only do this if it is within the two-year contestability period.

Besides getting charged back clean sheeters would lose their licenses and be charged with fraud wouldn't they? At least if they were caught more than once or twice?

Besides getting charged back clean sheeters would lose their licenses and be charged with fraud wouldn't they? At least if they were caught more than once or twice?

You would think that wouldn't you?

Someone would have to report them. The client or the insurance company. How many agents do you think Bankers has reported over the years?

Someone would have to report them. The client or the insurance company. How many agents do you think Bankers has reported over the years?

I don't know. But it looks like they'd want them out of the business because it would run their claim rate through the roof. Of course if the premium is higher than for other companies, which it is, you're thinking they'd just want to keep them on board, huh?

Back