Selling Life Insurance to African Americans

NSRH

Guru
1000 Post Club
I came across this little nugget and thought I'd share it with everyone.

Black Americans offer a huge opportunity in life insurance sales [infographic]

For whatever reason, my closing ratio on African American females is always high, but even on men its high, compared to those of the Caucasian race.

I never really understood it, other than I know of many stories from Debit agents who have told me that they have personally witnessed people with lights cut off in the inner city, still paying on life insurance.

I suppose its something that has been passed down from generation to generation, and likely the deep religion I personally find in the African American community influences the need for a proper burial.

Anyone else experience this?

For whatever reason, my closing ratio on African American females is always high, but even on men its high, compared to those of the Caucasian race.

I never really understood it, other than I know of many stories from Debit agents who have told me that they have personally witnessed people with lights cut off in the inner city, still paying on life insurance.

I suppose its something that has been passed down from generation to generation, and likely the deep religion I personally find in the African American community influences the need for a proper burial.

Columbus discovers America, of course blacks are I need me some Surance.

I sell in Harlem NYC, I think it comes from the South, the grandmothers instilled in the kids, everyone needs insurance, the insurance man was a part of the family, picking up the payment every month, and adding any new family member.

They live rough, they want to know at least when they pass, it will be with dignity.

Columbus discovers America, of course blacks are I need me some Surance.

I sell in Harlem NYC, I think it comes from the South, the grandmothers instilled in the kids, everyone needs insurance, the insurance man was a part of the family, picking up the payment every month, and adding any new family member.

They live rough, they want to know at least when they pass, it will be with dignity.

It trained with Senior Life rolling around a couple of black neighborhoods here in Philly. It amazed me how many of the prospects were very familiar with Thomasville, GA. I had never even heard of it. I heard of Thomasville Furniture, though.:err:

Unfortunately, black folks are particularly vulnerable to scams. That's why recruiters for multi-level marketing schemes like Herbalife and Legal Shield target them, and why overpriced FE insurance companies such as Lincoln Heritage and Pioneer American love selling to them. They're seen as an easy mark.

Unfortunately, black folks are particularly vulnerable to scams. That's why recruiters for multi-level marketing schemes like Herbalife and Legal Shield target them, and why overpriced FE insurance companies such as Lincoln Heritage and Pioneer American love selling to them. They're seen as an easy mark.

Be careful when you paint with a broad brush like that. There are a lot of people of various races that are vulnerable to scams. I think it has more to do with education level.

Be careful when you paint with a broad brush like that. There are a lot of people of various races that are vulnerable to scams. I think it has more to do with education level.

Dude, there is no doubt that certain insurance companies and other marketers perceive - wrong as it may be - that the black community are susceptible to being ripped off. Google companies like Herbalife if you don't believe me.

Combine that with this:
Study: Here's the real reason for America's racial wealth gap

One powerful factor seems to be that whites are five times as likely as blacks to receive substantial gifts and inheritances, and the sums they get tend to be much larger. The money “can be used to jump-start further wealth accumulation, for example, by enabling white families to buy homes and begin acquiring equity earlier in their lives,” the study says.

The result is that whites’ wealth advantage—and blacks’ disadvantage—gets passed down from generation to generation. Which means that forms of racial discrimination “that happened in the past like redlining continue to show up in bank accounts today,” says Traub.

The cheapest way to help their children to "get ahead" and "do what the white folk are doing"... is with life insurance.

Paging DR. bcrane
Too each his own. ....going into a neighborhood trying to solicit single black men is imho not an easy gig. A lot of heavy hitters agree with me but also make the case it's not just single black men but all single men in general. I typically agree with that statement....

Last edited:
Too each his own. ....going into a neighborhood trying to solicit single black men is imho not an easy gig. A lot of heavy hitters agree with me but also make the case it's not just single black men but all single men in general. I typically agree with that statement....

Name 3 Brian........:skeptical:

Back