Seminar Crowds

I tried Seminar Crowds a while back and got a .25% response. They promised a 1%, but it was no where near it. I will never use them again. Much better shops out there you can use.

Matt

Well, I just used RME and got a 0.75% response rate, so no one is safe :) I have modified my filters and zip codes though for next time, so this should be fixed shortly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I currently use Seminar Crowds and Acquire Direct. I sort of trade off on both of them since they have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I am doing a mailing with Seminar Crowds now for an August seminar. The last one I did with them in April had a 3.4% response. I filled up two dinners, an overflow date, and had enough on waiting lists for another dinner if I had wanted.

The seminar itself was not especially successful (so far) because the response was too good and I could not follow up properly. Also, this was a venue out of town for me and it was extremely hard arranging meetings and making the trips efficient and worth my while. I also changed up completely the way I do meetings in the middle and kind of missed my stride. None of this was Seminar Crowd's fault.

I found that every person I met with was within the qualifications I had specified -age and resources available for investing.

The high response was a combination of a well-written invitation, a new restaurant that people were curious about, and the market in the particular town wasn't quite as hard hit by marketing as many other places.

Incidentally, you will never do a mailing less than 50 cents a piece unless you do cheap looking postcards and mail out 20,000 of them. Expect to pay 60 cents for a decent looking mailing and for the premium lists.

Jesus, I wish I had your problem - too many to follow up? 3.4% response rate from a cheap postcard???? Can you share the filters that you're using for this program (PM or here)?

Anyways, I am thinking about trying SeminarCrowds and/or SeminarInnovations. They're not as sexy or fancy as the RME mailers, but I can get twice the pieces for the same price, so I may try the postcards out and mix it up with my current RME mailing system. Understandably, not everyone will respond the same way to either, but I want to try.

Last edited:
I have used RME and Seminars for Less. I got better response rates with RME, but not when you looked at the cost per response.

I have had too large a response before and find that when you fill rooms with 50 or more people it gets hard to manage from an appt setting and 'crowd control' standpoint. I much prefer 25-35 but have had responses as low as 8 before too. That is when you call a few special clients to attend to fill the room to a more respectable level.

No way could I afford to do seminars selling only health plans.

I have been doing seminars for 4 years now (off and on - I have a love/hate relationship with them) and I have used FNBR, Acquire, a local print/mail house (whoops), and Seminar Crowds for my mailings. I wouldn't hesitate to use Acquire or Seminar Crowds again. They are quite good at what they do, which is getting people to respond and attend your events.

I have averaged around .8% with Seminar Crowds. I've had responses north of 1.5% and south of .5% - it's very random. Anything over 1% is a good response.

If you're wanting some guidance on seminars, PM me and I can save you a lot of headaches (and money). There's a lot to it!

Jesus, I wish I had your problem - too many to follow up? 3.4% response rate from a cheap postcard???? Can you share the filters that you're using for this program (PM or here)?

Whoa! It wasn't from the cheap postcards -I've never even tried that route. It was from their big window invitations which is probably their most expensive choice.

Whoa! It wasn't from the cheap postcards -I've never even tried that route. It was from their big window invitations which is probably their most expensive choice.

ahaha, that makes sense. At first, I was like.....wow, what is wrong with wedding mailers??

Back