Seminar Idea

So basically what I'm hearing is this, "We tried but they failed us, so it doesn't work". Or am I misreading something here?

No, not at all. I didn't say "it doesn't work", nor did I mean to imply that. I said I tried and I didn't have the kind of success I hoped for. I explored an idea that didn't work for me and I didn't see enough potential for the kind of success I was looking for to spend more time trying to figure out how to make it work.

I became an independent agent so I could be independent. Not to be a babysitter for a bunch of people who needed someone to hold their hand all day, every day.

When I was captive I made as much or more money than the managers who had 3 or 4 agents working under them. I also had a lot more quality in my life than they did. Money alone isn't worth much if you don't have quality of life to go with it.

James, have you ever tried to hire, train and motivate agents to work under you? Just curious to know what your experience has been.

James, have you ever tried to hire, train and motivate agents to work under you? Just curious to know what your experience has been.

Not in Insurance but other fields. Photography and DME (Durable Medical Equipment), where I recruited, trained, manage etc etc. Some years with Olan Mills and some years on my own. In DME I took the Knoxville area for a small company just starting out in the Nashville area, in two years I was in three States and basically was 70% of the company.

I have had a couple agents that wanted to ork under me. Spnet a little bit of time with them, one never ended up getting a license, the other is still working for UA and bitching about it everyday. Some agnets are as dumb as prospects.:D

Back