Senior Life Insurance Company

I know they have some wiggle room, with what type of contract they can hand out.

But then again, if a company makes it tough for you to sell a product ( meaning home office can't process things properly, calls your client without you knowing about it and talks them out of sale ) , cuts your commission when you sell preferred, super preferred products, and when they cut your commission for not selling a legacy assurance plan, does it really matter what contract level your at????

Insuranceman also doesn't give out 100% contracts. I know agents below him are below 100% contract. And remember if you don't sell legacy assurance, there's 20% of your commission cut
Not only does it cut first year by 20 points, the plan only pays renewals if you write the legacy package.

Not only does it cut first year by 20 points, the plan only pays renewals if you write the legacy package.

I recently spoke with a Telesales agent in FL who used Senior life periodically. They just started a new policy where if you don't get an application issued every 30 days , they terminate you.

This gentlemen did 12K in Month of June, and almost 80K year to date thru June. He took most of JULY off for vacation and family time. Even got a call from one of the Presidents or VP's congratulating him on the good month of June

Since he didn't write Senior Life in a 30 day span, they terminated him beginning of August. Why would you want to be with a company that doesn't allow you time off? Or a company that forces you to WORK when you don't want to.

To be fair, they did offer to reinstate, but get this. They then re-charge to get appointed in every state. So first off, Senior life is one of a few companies who force agents to pay for state appointment fees. But then when they terminate you, you have to repay all those fees again. Does that make sense???

What if you had a family emergency, or death in the family. Sure would suck to tell your family " Hey I can't grieve and take care of all these issues. I have to get back to selling at least ONE Senior Life Policy before my contract gets terminated"

Makes NO Sense at all

Senior in my opinion is just a lead shoppe on steroids. I haven't seen their books - but, I imagine there is greater profit on the lead side than the insurance side for corporate any way . . .

One Life at least gives you leads with a lower commission - so, no debt - just the shave on commissions. Which in my opinion is a great start for a new Agent with no marketing capital or a way to self generate their leads.

I can in good faith recommend OL to a new agent - but never Senior . . .
Hey, Tom, I was in your thread about the Senior Life app. Greg was pointing out all the great things Senior Life does for agents, so I was searching through older threads to see what's been said about them previously.

You seem pretty sold on them as a company now, which is a 180° turn from this post from several months ago. What's caused you to change your mind?

Hey, Tom, I was in your thread about the Senior Life app. Greg was pointing out all the great things Senior Life does for agents, so I was searching through older threads to see what's been said about them previously.

You seem pretty sold on them as a company now, which is a 180° turn from this post from several months ago. What's caused you to change your mind?

Oops? :unsure:

I recently spoke with a Telesales agent in FL who used Senior life periodically. They just started a new policy where if you don't get an application issued every 30 days , they terminate you.

This gentlemen did 12K in Month of June, and almost 80K year to date thru June. He took most of JULY off for vacation and family time. Even got a call from one of the Presidents or VP's congratulating him on the good month of June

Since he didn't write Senior Life in a 30 day span, they terminated him beginning of August. Why would you want to be with a company that doesn't allow you time off? Or a company that forces you to WORK when you don't want to.

To be fair, they did offer to reinstate, but get this. They then re-charge to get appointed in every state. So first off, Senior life is one of a few companies who force agents to pay for state appointment fees. But then when they terminate you, you have to repay all those fees again. Does that make sense???

What if you had a family emergency, or death in the family. Sure would suck to tell your family " Hey I can't grieve and take care of all these issues. I have to get back to selling at least ONE Senior Life Policy before my contract gets terminated"

Makes NO Sense at all

I've had a few agents take several months off with NO problems. Contract stayed active. All the mgr has to do is let licensing know about it. I had one agent out for over 6 mos. due to heart attack, everything stayed the same.

SL has a lot to offer. I can only use their Standard Smoker rates at this point.

Their app was awesome for new agents to help with underwriting. But - we are coding our own app to do the same - but, get 120% - 130% with no 6 month charge back window,

Will still use SL where it makes sense - smokers . . .

I've had a few agents take several months off with NO problems. Contract stayed active. All the mgr has to do is let licensing know about it. I had one agent out for over 6 mos. due to heart attack, everything stayed the same.

Good to hear changes have been made and they aren't terminating agents who do not submit business in a 30 day period.

Positive change and you and I know of agents who were underneath that had contracts canceled in past for not submitting an application in 30 days.

Glad to hear this is no longer the casw

Good to hear changes have been made and they aren't terminating agents who do not submit business in a 30 day period.

Positive change and you and I know of agents who were underneath that had contracts canceled in past for not submitting an application in 30 days.

Matt, how ya been? You sure do have a more pleasing demeanor about you. Glad to see it.

Matt, how ya been? You sure do have a more pleasing demeanor about you. Glad to see it.

Sun is shining! Kids and family have their health! Senior Life is making postive changes! All is right in the world!

Back