SEO and websites..

OK Good pointe. Also, if I have a website with selltermlife do I get to keep my current site and domain name? And they work with that or what..

They might be able to work with the site you already set up.....I would talk to Jeff and see if it is workable........

Sti is right on the nail with this one. It's not as simple as developing a website and boom people just start coming in.

You do have to put yourself in google, yahoo, bing, etc. Make sure your meta titles, descriptions are all good to go then start providing value to start generating some traffic. However, again this is not something that happens overnight. SEO is a long-term game. I also say game because depending on your target you'll have competitors that are going after the same rankings.

Now, for beginning in SEO I recommend Google's SEO Starter Guide. There are of course more advanced guides and ones that are even more in depth. However, I believe for someone that is just starting. Using this free resource is good enough to get you started.

Secondly, I would advise you to read up on Google's recommendations for hiring and looking for Professional SEOs. What kinds of questions you need to ask them to find the right one. Unfortunately, the SEO space is filled with awesome SEOs and Frauds, because it takes a long time investing resources to see a positive ROI.

Lastly, Then if you read all that and still want to dig into it. I highly recommend Outsmarting Google: SEO Secrets to Winning New Business.

Now, on to pricing. $145 a month is on the cheap on of hiring SEOs to do work. Depending on the market size, competition, keyword selection, and etc. I've seen prices from ranges of $100/month to $15,000/month. Depending on the campaign.

what's the purpose of the website.. are you a field agent who needs a website to send people to or are you marketing online and are trying to compete with other online websites like the selltermlife sites?

Until you have the right cash-flow, you can find a reputable exclusive lead vendor who will only charge you per lead (needs no pre-payment or deposits).
Disclaimer: I work in the lead industry.

Monti

BestInsLeads.Com

Good day all. Alright so I built my own website using register.com and I keep being told by them I need to set up my SEO (search engine optimization) in order for people to find me etc.
Than they transfer me to web.com who than goes into a 15 min sales pitch on why I should pay them $145 a month to register me with google,bing,yelp etc.. I mean $145 a month? Da hell.
I want to be able to go to Google, type in my site than it comes up..

Is there not a better way??

what's the purpose of the website.. are you a field agent who needs a website to send people to or are you marketing online and are trying to compete with other online websites like the selltermlife sites?
Just to sound and look more professional. In no way trying to compete,as I don' ha r the cash for that right now. Just looking for the right direction to generate this cash flow so I can break into this full time. Right now I'm too dependant on my job benefits..

Just to sound and look more professional. In no way trying to compete,as I don' ha r the cash for that right now. Just looking for the right direction to generate this cash flow so I can break into this full time. Right now I'm too dependant on my job benefits..
then I would suggest .. getting a WIX website.. use your WIX ADI .. to make the website in about 5-10 minutes.. pretty seamless.

Then I agree with the statement above. Create a super simple one-page website. Make it simple enough to tell who you are with a very simple contact form.

Then get a lead vendor you trust to start getting leads right away. As you begin to get cash flow that you are okay putting in this area (as it won't break the bank). Then look into getting an SEO or expanding your reach.

Back