SEO for Insurance Websites

I am working up a proposal to our board for a revamp of the website we use. None of them have any idea what SEO is and I am trying to get them interested in the revamp.

Is there a basic outline or information source I can use to brief them with a small nibble of SEO and then proceed with getting pricing bids for people to do it later? I hear a name of Dave Miller dropped on this site alot, but if I am unable to reach that person/company then I need some other avenues to get prcing from.

That was likely too much info for the post but oh well, I gab alot.

If you're looking to do SEO, the company I work for does that. In the past, we've worked mainly with State Farm agents. All our contact info is on the website (my signature), but if you have any specific quesitons, feel free to pm me and I can do my best to help you out.

I am working up a proposal to our board for a revamp of the website we use. None of them have any idea what SEO is and I am trying to get them interested in the revamp.

Is there a basic outline or information source I can use to brief them with a small nibble of SEO and then proceed with getting pricing bids for people to do it later? I hear a name of Dave Miller dropped on this site alot, but if I am unable to reach that person/company then I need some other avenues to get prcing from.

That was likely too much info for the post but oh well, I gab alot.

Not too hard to get ahold of, PM me or call 1-866-496-0219

Linking out to another site that is an authority can also help. Most of the general public doesn't care what PR is and most are using Internet Ecplorer. Firefox is by far a better browser especially for doing SEO stuff since many tools can be accessed right inside of the browser itself.

I would also be lost without Firefox.

Linking out to another site that is an authority can also help. Most of the general public doesn't care what PR is and most are using Internet Ecplorer. Firefox is by far a better browser especially for doing SEO stuff since many tools can be accessed right inside of the browser itself.

I would also be lost without Firefox.

Love these Kool-Aid Tips:

Bad Myth, you linking to a site will not help your ranking or authority. :no:

Last edited:
Love these Kool-Aid Tips:

Bad Myth, you linking to a site will not help your ranking or authority. :no:

dmiller90, since you are the foremost authority on SEO here could you please share which websites give correct info about SEO techniques, I ask cause I have read the same exact thing on several blogs about SEO .

dmiller90, since you are the foremost authority on SEO here could you please share which websites give correct info about SEO techniques, I ask cause I have read the same exact thing on several blogs about SEO .

Not sure what your question is? I am not aware of just one site that gives all the information.

What exact same thing have you read on Blogs?

Here is the Deal with backLinks, You want Relevant Authority Sites linking to your website. Not you linking to authority sites. You linking to outside sites brings no credibility or authority to your site, in fact all your doing is allowing some of your page rank to flow to the site your linking to.

Whole Different Ballgame when the sites link to your site. Thats your goal, and that goal is only accomplished by having relevant content published on authority sites matching the Keyword Phrases that Google Customers Query.:yes:

Not sure what your question is? I am not aware of just one site that gives all the information.

What exact same thing have you read on Blogs?

Here is the Deal with backLinks, You want Relevant Authority Sites linking to your website. Not you linking to authority sites. You linking to outside sites brings no credibility or authority to your site, in fact all your doing is allowing some of your page rank to flow to the site your linking to.

Whole Different Ballgame when the sites link to your site. Thats your goal, and that goal is only accomplished by having relevant content published on authority sites matching the Keyword Phrases that Google Customers Query.:yes:

Dave, what is your opinion of this article:

SEOmoz | 5 Reasons You Should Link Out to Others From Your Website

Also, this is what some of the leading SEO professionals say about this issue (linking out to sites). What is your response?

Ben Pfeiffer

Yes, quite important for newer sites. Great things happen to those that share in the same group.
Aaron Wall

Your outbound links help define what community your site belongs in.
Michael Gray

linking out to relevant trusted pages can be big help.
Lucas Ng (aka shor)

Let's look at a link neighbourhood - hmm... XYZ real estate website has zero outbound links and the majority of its neighbours have at least 200? Consider yourself flagged for an unnatural linking pattern :)
Marcus Tandler

Your outbound links are almost equally important then your inbound links
Chris Boggs

This seems to have risen in value over the last year.

Rae Hoffman

Who you link to says a lot about who you are and what your topic is - especially in an engine like Google.

Back