SEO - Free Agent Backlink & Listing - Provider List Project

This is actually a great idea! I already get quite a few leads directly from my website, this will only improve that!

I'm sending you my info as we speak Alston!

Kris,

It was great speaking with you last night. And thanks for participating in this project.

I hope that some of the information I shared/will share with you will help you get more traffic and make more money.

Good Luck

All the SEO material I've ever read said that it's not beneficial to link to a new site until they've developed a page rank. Usually I only link to sites that have a page rank of 3 and above. According to what I read, if you link to a site without a page rank, you're just sharing your good rating with them and not really getting anything back. I could be wrong though.

All the SEO material I've ever read said that it's not beneficial to link to a new site until they've developed a page rank. Usually I only link to sites that have a page rank of 3 and above. According to what I read, if you link to a site without a page rank, you're just sharing your good rating with them and not really getting anything back. I could be wrong though.

In the beginning that may true. However with the incoming links from the project participants the site will have a page rank soon. The only way to get involved is to get on board before your state is taken, which probably means before the site has a page rank.

The "Google Juice" that flows back to the participants should be much greater than the "Google Juice" coming into the site from the participants. There will be a lot of one way incoming links from non participants. Some will be paid for. Others will be from bloggers and webmasters who find the page useful.

I have some strategies that should not only pass on "Google Juice" or SEO value, but should also deliver actual visitors to the participants.

In the beginning that may true. However with the incoming links from the project participants the site will have a page rank soon. The only way to get involved is to get on board before your state is taken, which probably means before the site has a page rank.

The "Google Juice" that flows back to the participants should be much greater than the "Google Juice" coming into the site from the participants. There will be a lot of one way incoming links from non participants. Some will be paid for. Others will be from bloggers and webmasters who find the page useful.

I have some strategies that should not only pass on "Google Juice" or SEO value, but should also deliver actual visitors to the participants.

True. I would normally be more skeptical, but based on what you've done with your other sites, you clearly know more than the average agent does. I think a lot of your comments on this forum have been quite helpful. I have a link page on my website that I could put you on, but it's a P&C website...it looks like you might not be looking for agents in that area? If you are, I'm interested in exchanging links so let me know what i need to do.

I think a lot of your comments on this forum have been quite helpful.

Thanks for your kind words. I will let you know if I do a P&C project. I sell health insurance only, but I do have a couple of sites that I use for P&C lead generation.

In regards to linking to a page that has a lower page rank than yours:

So far all of the agents (except me) created their provider list page after they read this thread. This means that those pages are new. This means that they will not only have a zero page rank, they probably won't even be indexed until Google reads their link on my site.

I'm a big believer in Dr. Covey's Seven Habits. "Win-win or no deal" is one of the principles that I live by. If both parties don't win, chances are the arrangement can't sustained.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alston,

I'd like to participate in Maryland if still available.

Thanks,
Jeff

You're in. I've updated the page. Another 10 agents have committed to the project. Some have done their pages, but haven't sent me the other information like their phone number or slogan. You are the first complete all the steps.

I also PMed you with some tips SEO regarding your title tags and anchor text.

Last edited:
You're in. I've updated the page. Another 10 agents have committed to the project. Some have done their pages, but haven't sent me the other information like their phone number or slogan. You are the first complete all the steps.

I also PMed you with some tips SEO regarding your title tags and anchor text.[/quote]

Thanks Alston. I made the changes you recommended.

I also got my first lead from my website today thru organic google placement. I've been doing some other seo stuff but like to think your input helped.
:)

I also got my first lead from my website today thru organic google placement. I've been doing some other seo stuff but like to think your input helped.
:)

I'm glad that you are starting to get organic leads whether or not my input helped.

Who else wants to participate in this project?

The provider list page now has a Google page rank and it is getting some traffic. I haven't linked to it from the home page yet because there are so many states that are missing information.

Once I do the page rank should go up very quickly as the home page has a higher page rank.

Let me know if you want to be a part of the project.

Hi Alston

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I guess my concern (maybe unfounded) is that I do see your site listed when prospects are searching for Ohio Health Insurance.

Granted, it is significantly below where mine is placed, but I almost worry that I'm helping my competition when I add that link.
I have just 8.9% of the SEO knowledge that you do (although, up from 7.2% last year), so please correct me if I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks.

Back