SEO - Free Agent Backlink & Listing - Provider List Project

Hi Alston

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I guess my concern (maybe unfounded) is that I do see your site listed when prospects are searching for Ohio Health Insurance.

Granted, it is significantly below where mine is placed, but I almost worry that I'm helping my competition when I add that link.
I have just 8.9% of the SEO knowledge that you do (although, up from 7.2% last year), so please correct me if I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks.

I use hundreds a lot of low traffic, low competition long tail keywords. Apparently some of them target Ohio.

I seriously doubt that your participating in this project will make me a stronger competitor for any of the medium to high traffic keywords that you target.

If you used "Ohio health insurance" in the linking text you would move my site up for the terms we are apparently competing for. Otherwise, I don't think that trading links with me will have much impact.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that the site you are concerned about is not the one I'm using for this project.

Getting links is good - getting high Google PR links on Do Follow sites is where its at.

Ive got a SEO guru buddy putting together a packet - I pay him $20 bucks a month to keep the research and links flowing ... I'll keep you guys posted how it goes.

So far it looks like I can get the following tomorrow: All Do Follow

Page Rank 9--1 Websites
Page Rank 8--1 Website
Page Rank 7--12 Websites
Page Rank 6--7 Websites

You guys all seem to be into SEO... was thinking maybe setting up a little email list subscription thingie where for a about hte cost of 2 Starbucks Venti Latte's a month - you get all the High PR Backlinks?

trial balloon .... any interest?

Not necessarily blogs - but very high ranking sites - gives you some serious JUICE without the outflow of a shared link - relevancy is not the issue.

PR Strength of the site linking to you is. PR 9 is high!

Not necessarily blogs - but very high ranking sites - gives you some serious JUICE without the outflow of a shared link - relevancy is not the issue.

PR Strength of the site linking to you is. PR 9 is high!

Not Good Advice!

Unfortunately, not all websites have users best interests at heart. Some site owners attempt to "buy PageRank™" in the form of paid links to their sites. Buying links to improve PageRank violates Googles Quality Guidelines

Read Here!

There is only one way to do SEO Right for Long Term Results.

Last edited:
I'm looking to trade links with agents. This should help all of us who participate improve our site rankings.

All you need to do is:
  1. Create a web page on your site that has links to the provider lists for your state
  2. Link back to
    Lists of Doctors: Provider Lists for Private Health Insurance Plans from that page
  3. PM me with:
  • Your Name
  • Business phone number,
  • URL of your provider list page
  • One-line slogan or sales message
I will link back to your new page, and add your information the page below:
List of Doctors

Creating a provider list page on your site should help you with or without the link exchange. I get a lot of hits from my provider page. Your potential clients will appreciate the page as well.

Please see the original post on this thread if you are interested in trading links. The home page of the site that I'm trading links from is now a PR3. It was a PR0 when the project started. Also the blog on the site is being read daily by Google. I've purposely waited to link to the provider page from my blog and the home page until we get more of the states completed.

Once I do add the links, that page will have a lot of Google Juice and all the participants will benefit.

Are reciprocal links bad?
Most of the time they are. However, trading links within your vertical (your industry) can be good when you add value to the visitor.

By providing a place where people can find the provider list for their health insurance company, we are adding value to the Internet and will potentially get links from webmasters who are not trading with us.

Using a typical links page adds little or no value. This is because whenever a client too quickly hits the back button and goes back to Google to do another search, the site gets a demerit. (This is why I won't promote this page any further until I get more of the states completed.)

This project should give the searcher what he or she is looking for and minimize the use of the back button and thereby "vote" for our sites.

Many states are still open. Participate and get more Google Juice!

Not Good Advice!

Unfortunately, not all websites have users best interests at heart. Some site owners attempt to "buy PageRank™" in the form of paid links to their sites. Buying links to improve PageRank violates Googles Quality Guidelines

Read Here!

One way? And which way is that?

A rather grandiose assumption about the sites. I dont recall mentioning these High PR sites having paid for their PR rank.

If you guys all have the time to scout out 10-20 DO FOLLOW High PR sites per month to post and link on ... more power to ya. Trying to offer a shortcut and help people out. Me I'll take mine 13 this month via email in one shot.

All the best,

Steve
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not Good Advice!

Read Here!

One way? And which way is that?

A rather grandiose assumption about the sites. I dont recall mentioning these High PR sites having paid for their PR rank.

If you guys all have the time to scout out 10-20 DO FOLLOW High PR sites per month to post and link on ... more power to ya. Trying to offer a shortcut and help people out. Me I'll take mine 13 this month via email in one shot.

Here's a sample or two ... dont think these peeps are paying for PR .. do you?

The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia Page Rank 9

Register ... find an article or two leave a comment

You will need to use HTML in order to create anchor text links. Your
comment will be held for moderation before it gets posted, so make sure it is
relevant and respectful.

<a href=”http://www.yourdomain.com”>Your keywords</a>

You will need to use HTML in order to create anchor text links. Your
comment will be held for moderation before it gets posted, so make sure it is
relevant and respectful.
<a href=”http://www.yourdomain.com”>Your keywords</a>

Ozzy Osbourne Home | The Official Ozzy Osbourne Site Page Rank 6
Join / Write a New Blog Post / Leave a link like:
<a href=”http://www.yourdomain.com”>Your Keywords</a>

All the best,

Steve

Last edited:
Alston, I'll take Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, South Carolina.

Can you PM me with details about what you need from me as far as code goes?

Please see the first post on the thread. You will need to create a page on your site with links to the provider lists for each state.

I already have a provider search page for one of my sites. I use the search portals for each of the companies I work with on this page. I have placed your link towards the bottom of the page. See if this meets with your criteria. This page is linked to from every page of my site.

Affordable Medical Provider Search

This is a great idea Alston!

Back