SEO

I'll chime in a bit here because SEO is a bit of a shell game, in my opinion.

It is important - however, keeping your eye on the actual ball is going to be difficult. Create feedback loops for your customers will help you build a "brand" for your business, with fresh reviews.

You should also build a small email loop to help people understand your products and you. So much business is based on your personal connections to folks, so I would recommend that a fair bit. Can you automate some? Absolutely.

With ChatGPT type services, it can help you leverage your skills so much more. I would be hesitant to use a service that is charging such high fees without some track record.

Have a site? Be sure it's not just a placeholder, but allows people to go into at least a basic sales funnel so you can contact them, and contact them often with useful information they are looking for.

People looking for answers are looking for friendly to point people they can trust. Does your content convey that?

Yes, I handle my own SEO for my site. It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy the challenge. One tool that’s been super helpful for me is CrawlSpider. It’s great for checking how well your site is performing and finding areas that need fixing. I’ve used it to track and improve my SEO efforts, like optimizing content and fixing broken links. It’s definitely made the process smoother and helped me stay on top of things. If you’re doing your own SEO, having a good tool can make a big difference.

Last edited:
I do my own SEO, I find there are two main areas to build: Relevance and trust.

Relevance is built on your site. Put your keywords in the page title, description and H1. Recommend 2-3 keywords per page, and don't use the same keywords on multiple pages. Create content on your site.

Trust is built off-site. As others have said, get your business on Google & Bing, and as many other listings as you can. If you can, try to get links that link to your website established on other websites.

Does anyone try to do anything to build their own brand? That's a big thing for SEO in 2024 - I'm sure that will change, but the branding does matter as well.

Does anyone try to do anything to build their own brand? That's a big thing for SEO in 2024 - I'm sure that will change, but the branding does matter as well.
IMO, building your brand is better done off of your site than on your site. I mean, make sure your brand name is present in page titles, in case you show up in the search results, but as far as building branding, I'd do that elsewhere.

I think Social Media is probably THE strongest brand-building platform today. If you write ACA policies, I'd gravitate towards Instagram and TikTok ads, and for Medicare sales I'd advertise on Facebook.

Just my two cents but that's the way I like to do it.

Back