SEP Marketing Opportunities

infoseeker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
i would think there should be SEP Opportunities after open enrollment with many different SEP situations avaiable: Newly Married - Divorce- Newborns - losing coverage-moving . i would think in if you market in many states you should have a huge volumn of people in these situations. i might do a mailer program get a list or even internet leads or just market short term. any thoughts?

Can you get a list? How much does it cost? How much are the postcards? Whats the ROI?

Go for it. I actually do think the divorce thing has some potential.

And if all else fails....go put flyers on cars at the local jail?

April 6, 2015

Looks like if our guy at the shelter feels that he'll earn a few more dollars this year, he's SEP eligible?

"Effective April 28, 2015, pursuant to 45 C.F.R. § 155.420(d)(6)(iv),
a qualified individual in a non-Medicaid expansion State is
eligible for an SEP if the individual:
– was previously ineligible for advance payments of the
premium tax credit (APTC) solely because of a household
income below 100 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)"

This is from a 3/25/2015 CMS slide-deck that has a URL address which is probably a thousand characters long.
:twitchy:

i would think there should be SEP Opportunities after open enrollment with many different SEP situations avaiable: Newly Married - Divorce- Newborns - losing coverage-moving . i would think in if you market in many states you should have a huge volumn of people in these situations. i might do a mailer program get a list or even internet leads or just market short term. any thoughts?

I'm sure the ROI would be at least 10% on a mailer to those newly divorced, they have nothing else on their minds than health insurance.

I'm sure the ROI would be at least 10% on a mailer to those newly divorced, they have nothing else on their minds than health insurance.

Actually, it is for women. I get 2-3 referrals/month. But its word of mouth. Women are more apt to be losing coverage (since they are on their husbands plan) and as soon as the child support order hits the employers, the woman is sent the COBRA notice.

Actually, it is for women. I get 2-3 referrals/month. But its word of mouth. Women are more apt to be losing coverage (since they are on their husbands plan) and as soon as the child support order hits the employers, the woman is sent the COBRA notice.

Referrals are the only way to address this market, no one in the process of getting divorced is going to respond to direct mail when they are that vulnerable.

Divorce clients can be a frustrating experience, the finalization can take forever so you sometimes stay in pending mode for awhile and then suddenly its finalized so the policy needs to be issued asap. I think it is a viable niche but comes with its own challenges.

We are seeing quite a few submitted of which agents tell us are either from past prospects or new leads they are buying.

90% of my SEP business is people losing coverage. Lately all voluntary. I have had 8 in the last two weeks from the same company (all are 62+ and are retiring). Their COBRA is high (a very rich plan, these folks don't want to pay for it).

I have thought targeted letter to employers might be worth a shot. Offering agent services to find affordable options to COBRA for departing employees. Might work with a RIF.

Back