Serious Problems at Coventry

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have a guy a month ago who put in a pdp I faxed it in. During that time their agents system was down for me and I was looked out. So called up and they said he was not in system and I had to do a pile more paper work and fax it back with records of time and date faxed. So to ensure this does not happen again I decide to follow up to make sure they get the fax and this is taken care of asap for this custom. This is no **** when I call they say sorry there is no way to confirm we receive a fax??????????? and to call back in another week and see if he is in the system????

I do all coventry enrollments online. You get a confirmation number as soon as you send it. Just buy the tethering attachment for your cell phone and you are good to go with internet anywhere.

I have a guy a month ago who put in a pdp I faxed it in. During that time their agents system was down for me and I was looked out. So called up and they said he was not in system and I had to do a pile more paper work and fax it back with records of time and date faxed. So to ensure this does not happen again I decide to follow up to make sure they get the fax and this is taken care of asap for this custom. This is no **** when I call they say sorry there is no way to confirm we receive a fax??????????? and to call back in another week and see if he is in the system????

Doesn't your fax machine have an option you can set to print out a "sent report" giving the date, time, number called, transmission receipt OK, etc.? Most do, and I know mine does. I always take the report that I get from every fax I send in and staple it to the app. If I am ever asked for "proof of fax", I send in my copy of this report.

Yes, Coventry has had some problems with a number of faxed apps. Seems to me to be in Harrisburg (national enrollment), not in the local (regional) office where I fax in my CCP apps. I don't know if it stems from problems of the local ofc fax sending or the national ofc fax receiving, but when I ask why they want another fax, sometimes they say the fax got hung up in their machine. I refuse to fax in another app unless they give me good reason, and I document it as a copy of the original.

At least one PDP faxed in prior to PDP (aging in client) has not been credited to my account. Also, I note at least one CCP client is in the App Tracker twice. I reported that info, and was told to "not worry about it". Yeah, well I was paid twice for the same PDP enrollment last year and sent back the second check. It has been almost a year, and I have tried to get this fixed several times, but they have yet to clear this from my account. Every time someone at the BSU says "I show you with a zero balance", but the monthly commission statement keeps showing I am getting charged back for this error, even though I sent the check back voided and uncashed. Arg-g-g-g!:1arghh:

I don't need this aggravation...

Would the last MA agent to leave please turn out the lights?

Looks like some chaos at Coventry. The stock has collapsed, the CEO quit and/or was fired, and rumor is that UHC is gonna buy it.

I think you are overstating the situation.

1) Coventry's stock price dropped the latter part of October (like a lot of companies) and has remained fairly level since.

2) Wolf's departure is followed by Allan Wise as replacement. Wise was the CEO for 8 years before Wolf took over. Sounds more like a squabble to me.

3) Yes, UNH is a rumor.

Coventry has been very hard to work with this year.

They didnt recieve half our apps through fax. When we got those fixed they still didnt show up in the agent tracker.

A lot of clients enrolled still have not recieved their cards. Its amazing how you can write someone in NOV and now its almost FEB and still no cards.

And to top it off, me and half of the agents that work out of my office got notice that coventry would not pay commissions because our licenses had lapsed.

Crazy, were still working on the last one.

Hmmmmmm......... I feel pretty lucky. No problems with Coventry at all this year. :nah:

I knew you'd like to hear that ! :laugh:

And to top it off, me and half of the agents that work out of my office got notice that coventry would not pay commissions because our licenses had lapsed.

1.) What do you mean by "our licenses had lapsed"? "Licenses"?

Coventry started appointing agents with state insurance departments last year as per MIPPA.
Are you saying appointments lapsed? -explain-

2.) Did Coventry issue your agents an AWN? AWN (Agent Writing Number). And then accepted business only to say your agent was not properly contracted and or appointed?.

Coventry wants it both ways. They accepted business and then don't feel as though they have to pay out commissions due to an endless array of excuses.

3.) Has Coventry sent you any commission statements with zero'$ for some of your new business?

Has anyone else experienced any of the above? :confused:

1.) What do you mean by "our licenses had lapsed"? "Licenses"?

Coventry started appointing agents with state insurance departments last year as per MIPPA.
Are you saying appointments lapsed? -explain-

2.) Did Coventry issue your agents an AWN? AWN (Agent Writing Number). And then accepted business only to say your agent was not properly contracted and or appointed?.

Coventry wants it both ways. They accepted business and then don't feel as though they have to pay out commissions due to an endless array of excuses.

3.) Has Coventry sent you any commission statements with zero'$ for some of your new business?

Has anyone else experienced any of the above? :confused:

Yes we are getting commission statements with zero's at the ends of it. If you are getting this it is because they believe that you did not complete your CE last year. At least thats what they told us.

One of my agents called there and the DSU told them they would not pay commissions because their license with the state had lapsed.

I am working on getting this fixed, but it seems to be an epidemic with the company. So if you are not getting paid on stuff, call there, chances are "Your license has lapsed."

Back