Serious Problems at Coventry

You are right I should have clarified more but I was commenting on a letter I recieved that essentially said they where changing the commissions by $45 retroactivly to some date...I read the letter quickly determined that even though I got certified which I believe is why I recieved said letter that I did not sell these products this year and it would not effect me then sh*t canned the letter.

That may very well be directed to a commission offer made last fall. You never stated the date of the letter or any other details that would let us know if the reduction applied to the $200 renewal rate or some other level.

You obviously do not think through your comments well. How do you suppose we are to take your comments? We are not mind readers. You may or may not have a valid point about a cut-back. This is a big issue. Don't toy with us... give us some more information that we can decipher.

My GA level is $425/210. I fully expect to be paid, but I don't know when ;)

In defense of Coventry, everyone else is in the same boat and treating agents in the same basic way. UHC is still disorganized and as bad as ever. Humana single handedly undermined the non Captive agent commissions. Todays Options is so fragmented and disorganized that you never talk to the same country or call center twice in ten calls to the same number. The seasonality of the MA programs is the problem. Everyone is trying to fit 80% of their business in 10% of the year.

My GA level is $425/210. I fully expect to be paid, but I don't know when ;)

In defense of Coventry, everyone else is in the same boat and treating agents in the same basic way. UHC is still disorganized and as bad as ever. Humana single handedly undermined the non Captive agent commissions. Todays Options is so fragmented and disorganized that you never talk to the same country or call center twice in ten calls to the same number. The seasonality of the MA programs is the problem. Everyone is trying to fit 80% of their business in 10% of the year.

Chuck, don't be surprised if your commissions were cut back some.... I think CMS has mandated that writing agents, no matter what level they are in the hierarchy are limited to $400/$200. I could be wrong. I was on one previous occasion.:laugh:
</IMG></IMG>

Just got it in the mail a couple days ago. Writing Agents are limited to $400/$200, but as I understand it, I have a GA level contract. Even if I am wrong, I am ok with it, but that is how I understand it from my last conversation with my Coventry Marketing Partner, (FMO).

I doubt if I am wrong, it has happened so seldomly, today. ;)

Just got it in the mail a couple days ago. Writing Agents are limited to $400/$200, but as I understand it, I have a GA level contract. Even if I am wrong, I am ok with it, but that is how I understand it from my last conversation with my Coventry Marketing Partner, (FMO).

I doubt if I am wrong, it has happened so seldomly, today. ;)

Is that Dan?

Coventry is a nightmare. Anybody who says they've had no problems with Coventry either doesn't write much business or doesn't track the business to know that most of their submitted apps with confirmation numbers......(I don't care which way you submit it) do not have your agent ID attached to it.

The confirmation number does not mean your agent ID is attached to the app....it just means that Coventry confirms that they have added the client into their book of business. It has nothing to do with you. If you call them on all your confirmation numbers....I bet half of the apps do not have your agent ID attached to it.....which means you worked for free. They will fix it for you but you have to call back to make sure they fixed it. Chances are they will need to fix it a few times over before your number gets actually attached. Complete nightmare.

Coventry is a nightmare. Anybody who says they've had no problems with Coventry either doesn't write much business or doesn't track the business to know that most of their submitted apps with confirmation numbers......(I don't care which way you submit it) do not have your agent ID attached to it.

The confirmation number does not mean your agent ID is attached to the app....it just means that Coventry confirms that they have added the client into their book of business. It has nothing to do with you. If you call them on all your confirmation numbers....I bet half of the apps do not have your agent ID attached to it.....which means you worked for free. They will fix it for you but you have to call back to make sure they fixed it. Chances are they will need to fix it a few times over before your number gets actually attached. Complete nightmare.

Have had that problem with only a small handful of apps.

I am not a heavy hitter. I have only written about 70 MAPD PPO apps with Coventry since last Nov 15 and 25 PDP's, which were only because some of my new Med Sup clients needed a different drug plan. I wrote a few Humana MAPD PPO plans on top of that due to some network advantages and 30 or so Med Sups in the same period.

One difference may be that we have a local/regional Coventry office our apps go in to that processes the apps into the Coventry system. I fax my apps in. The office is about 25 miles from me, but some of the guys here on the forum hand deliver the apps because they live closer. I have had some problems, but the folks at the local office fix them and work nightmarish hours on our behalf. How can I disrespect that?

My biggest MA nightmares were from the TO plans I wrote last year. For the most part they were OK, but the ones I had problems with were horrible to fix.

Sometimes there are problems. The sale is not a sale until you have the commission money in your bank account. Every product I have ever sold is that way, and to expect it to be over the second you send in the app is wishful. I have had more problems with Coventry than I should have, but in the end, in my particular market, it is the best plan for my clients, even if it is a little more work for me to see the application process to the end. YMMV,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is that Dan?

My FMO? No, it is Premier out of Omaha.

Last edited:
It is a shame that we have lowered our expectations of our industry so. Seems I remember all of those questions on the licensing exam which reinforced the agent/insurance carrier relationship as one of high standards and utmost trust. Above all, we were all honor bound to serve the public. Where did this get derailed???

Every one of my CCP apps show up with my AWN. The only problems I have is with PDPs, which is explained in my previous posts. Perhaps the 35 Coventry apps I did this AEP doesn't qualify for "much business" as you put it, but with 100% of my apps tracked with my AWN, I find your post lacking in credibility.

Every one of my CCP apps show up with my AWN. The only problems I have is with PDPs, which is explained in my previous posts. Perhaps the 35 Coventry apps I did this AEP doesn't qualify for "much business" as you put it, but with 100% of my apps tracked with my AWN, I find your post lacking in credibility.

Yeah, that too was my point, except you made it in fewer words. ;)

Back