Shopping Term-stroke Issue

"a stroke is when part of the brain does not get blood flow and that part of the brain dies. The person generally then loses movement on one side or part of the body. Like unable to move the left arm and leg or one of them. A heart attack has to do with the heart not getting blood flow due to a blood clot or some kind of blockage that doesn't allow the heart to get blood"

Yea, my bad. A stroke is so much better...

Again, do you plan to live longer than 15 years? If so, why are you buying a 15 year product, is there something you need to cover for 15 years and then you're done? Or is the need longer?

Forgive me guys, but he is 64 and sound somewhat intelligent. If he wanted me to sell him a 10,15,20 term. I would show him longer alternative just so that I know I covered the bases. Then I would hand him the pen to sign the app for the plan he wants. I have sold several mid sixty year olds term. And 70 year olds dialed down ULs.

wino? I'm not selling him anything so I can speak candidly about the situation. If he's smart, he'll listen. If not, oh well.

and i do question the intelligence of anybody who couldn't find time to protect his family while he was "building his business" What the F would have happened to his wife and kids had he not recovered from his stroke?

Everybody on this dam site built a business, heck, I built a business. I NEVER would have put off protecting my wife and kids if I died, leaving them holding the bag along the way.

Yea, maybe if he was a prospect, I'd consider handling it differently, but I have difficulty with the BS answer of being too busy to pick up a policy when he was younger and had kids at home.

Had he purchased a policy as a healthy younger guy, the stroke wouldn't matter, he wouldn't have to look at a table 4 or worse today, he could just convert no questions asked.

I'm sorry I just don't see this the same way as you, but I would do exactly the same as you mention if he was a real prospect for me. Cover all the bases, sign off on the illustrations of longer durations.

wino? I'm not selling him anything so I can speak candidly about the situation. If he's smart, he'll listen. If not, oh well.

and i do question the intelligence of anybody who couldn't find time to protect his family while he was "building his business" What the F would have happened to his wife and kids had he not recovered from his stroke?

Everybody on this dam site built a business, heck, I built a business. I NEVER would have put off protecting my wife and kids if I died, leaving them holding the bag along the way.

Yea, maybe if he was a prospect, I'd consider handling it differently, but I have difficulty with the BS answer of being too busy to pick up a policy when he was younger and had kids at home.

Had he purchased a policy as a healthy younger guy, the stroke wouldn't matter, he wouldn't have to look at a table 4 or worse today, he could just convert no questions asked.

I'm sorry I just don't see this the same way as you, but I would do exactly the same as you mention if he was a real prospect for me. Cover all the bases, sign off on the illustrations of longer durations.

I do not disagree with anything you just posted. I am a business owner, husband and the father of five. I have been covered from about age 19.

I am not selling him either. Honestly, I do not think anyone is. And yes I think that there is more to the story. And that is cool, this just an internet forum. My point was more to him asking for and sticking to the 15 yr term. I show a full range and have them circle the plan they want and sign at the end of the guaranteed term period. Many times it is a compulife pick 12 sheet.

Let's go have beer.:yes:

Forgive me guys, but he is 64 and sound somewhat intelligent. If he wanted me to sell him a 10,15,20 term. I would show him longer alternative just so that I know I covered the bases. Then I would hand him the pen to sign the app for the plan he wants. I have sold several mid sixty year olds term. And 70 year olds dialed down ULs.

Why forgive you? We're advisors, not decision makers. We give folks the best advice we can offer and let them make their own decisions. I'd think it negligent to not discuss the options and weigh the pros and cons of each, but it's up to the consumer.

This is funny how someone that made a career out selling insurance is passing judgement on someone that didn't believe it was needed, so far how much didn't I spend:mad:

I'm just willing to spend a dollars at it, not a lot.

More to it, no sorry to disappoint.

Also be mindful after the CVA event I was always told to wait 10 years.

All the options were given by two folks from the forum and two local brokers, by the way the guys from the forum are more knowledgeable.

After that review and discussion with my better half we decided on 15Y 100K for each.

Oh not one beer!

Why forgive you? We're advisors, not decision makers. We give folks the best advice we can offer and let them make their own decisions. I'd think it negligent to not discuss the options and weigh the pros and cons of each, but it's up to the consumer.

I was more like "of course I think you are special, And I really will call you" I have said it many times and did not really mean it. :twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Who is brewing? :biggrin:

Too late, it is me and the Captain on the rocks.

Last edited:
Back