Should I Replace this Policy?

That's what pisses me off, you talk to 2 different UW's and you get 2 different answers. It happens with Med Supps too.:mad:

I used to argue with them.:err: But years ago, at the end of a somewhat testy exchange the exasperated lady told me, "It's a guide, sir, not a Bible". Well, alrighty then!:swoon:

Are we sure? Had a case knocked down just for taking eliquis. Client didn't have any diabetes either

I argued and was told in writing from Rose (someone high up in underwriting) that Eliquis Is automatic modified. That was when the changes were rolled out.

Maybe someone else can clarify

Unless they have more than one Rose there, she knows nothing of underwriting. She's not even in that department.

Unless they have more than one Rose there, she knows nothing of underwriting. She's not even in that department.

If that's Rose Faulkner, she's an ***. When I 1st contracted with ACI, she sent me supplies for S. Carolina...then Tennessee...then on the 3rd try, she got it right. That was around 10 years ago. She's been there awhile.:no:

IF they accepted, I would tell the client to consider some sort of combination. Cut his term face value down to 10k for 2 years and swallow the extra premium for instance. He's going to be on an escalation schedule anyway but at least you can put a finite timeline on it.

----------

Btw, I disagree with "get paid". We are here to do the right thing by the client no matter what. I recently helped a couple turn their AARP NY Life into WL because there was no better option...BUT it was the right thing to do and the best advice they received in years. I made no money but they appreciated the help and I still do quite well regardless.

IF they accepted, I would tell the client to consider some sort of combination. Cut his term face value down to 10k for 2 years and swallow the extra premium for instance. He's going to be on an escalation schedule anyway but at least you can put a finite timeline on it.

----------

Btw, I disagree with "get paid". We are here to do the right thing by the client no matter what. I recently helped a couple turn their AARP NY Life into WL because there was no better option...BUT it was the right thing to do and the best advice they received in years. I made no money but they appreciated the help and I still do quite well regardless.

It's called Karma. You'll probably get referrals from them because they know they can trust you with their friends and relatives.

Plus, sometimes it just feels good to know that you've done the right thing and helped someone.

I'm not trying to be a hero here, but at the same time I will say that these people "for the most part" need our help. In my restaurant/bar business I'm a tough SOB when it comes to vendors, employees etc., but that's how you survive. Here we are dealing with people that just don't know better, and for better or worse I (or you) am their advocate when they have no other. I will do the best I can with my limited knowledge to put them in the best position I can.

I agree with you Tom, referrals will come to the guys that do the right thing. I don't get many since I've only been doing this for a year, but when they come it's a done deal. How does it get better than this? You have the opportunity to literally make a fortune doing something good for people in need.

Back