Should we be buying leads?

Chuckler

Super Genius
I've never bought leads for this or my prior role. Having been contacted for (HVAC, lawn maintenance services, etc.) by lead generation companies I would say it was not the most pleasant experience and I haven't done it again since. I saw this article on my LinkedIn and thought it addresses some of the major cons to buying leads. Worth a quick read.

Financial advisor lead generation services stink!

I've never bought leads for this or my prior role. Having been contacted for (HVAC, lawn maintenance services, etc.) by lead generation companies I would say it was not the most pleasant experience and I haven't done it again since. I saw this article on my LinkedIn and thought it addresses some of the major cons to buying leads. Worth a quick read.

Financial advisor lead generation services stink!
There are 10 bad lead vendors for every 1 good one.
Plus agents that don’t know how to work them can’t sell the good ones let alone the bad ones.

That being said, every agent making a huge amount of sales is usually working leads.

We're all working leads. So Newby is right, the people that make sales are usually working leads.

That being said (and I was being smart butt a little) I don't agree that "buying leads" is the greatest strategy. Usually, they suck. I don't know how to work them.. maybe that's why... but it's also something I don't really want to learn.

Personally, I'm on the generating my own lead plan. I know exactly how they were generated from a to z. I tend to feel more confident about them as well. On top of them being higher intent, because THEY HAVE TO CALL or go to my website, I can usually close a higher amount of them.

So, the question is...

Do you want to close more and have more time.. or do you want to buy more to close, and have less time?

That's legit up to you and both ways work.. I'm just more interested in my free time.

(PS: If you think that calling someone and them yelling at you sucks... think about them calling you because their spouse passed and they're still getting mail..)

Pros and con's.. I'm on a three day bender of people calling me demanding to get off a list.. I just thank them for the call and remove them.

We're all working leads. So Newby is right, the people that make sales are usually working leads.

That being said (and I was being smart butt a little) I don't agree that "buying leads" is the greatest strategy. Usually, they suck. I don't know how to work them.. maybe that's why... but it's also something I don't really want to learn.

Personally, I'm on the generating my own lead plan. I know exactly how they were generated from a to z. I tend to feel more confident about them as well. On top of them being higher intent, because THEY HAVE TO CALL or go to my website, I can usually close a higher amount of them.

So, the question is...

Do you want to close more and have more time.. or do you want to buy more to close, and have less time?

That's legit up to you and both ways work.. I'm just more interested in my free time.

(PS: If you think that calling someone and them yelling at you sucks... think about them calling you because their spouse passed and they're still getting mail..)

Pros and con's.. I'm on a three day bender of people calling me demanding to get off a list.. I just thank them for the call and remove them.

You have a great system great Idea's but do keep in mind may come into this without the ability to take the time to build these systems and wait for the growth

I agree its optimal just not always feasible to start, Though it is a good goal to have in the beginning but still need something to start with as it get s going

You have a great system great Idea's but do keep in mind may come into this without the ability to take the time to build these systems and wait for the growth

I agree its optimal just not always feasible to start, Though it is a good goal to have in the beginning but still need something to start with as it get s going

I totally get where you're coming from.. and you're right.

Your goal should be to transition, eventually, off of buying leads. That being said, I'm definitely in a different boat. I can wait out not getting calls or making any sales.

Plus, I really enjoy the building process to make my life easier.

Both ways work, but I would definitely agree if you have to eat NOW on comm, you should buy leads.

There are 10 bad lead vendors for every 1 good one.
Plus agents that don’t know how to work them can’t sell the good ones let alone the bad ones.

That being said, every agent making a huge amount of sales is usually working leads.

Thanks for sharing! Would you be so kind as to share what has worked for you? I'm still learning.

Great solution is to teach yourself! I have a Facebook Group and post free step-by-step videos for agents to do it all themselves. Anyone can feel free to join if they would like to learn... Facebook Groups

I apologize, this may seem silly or trivial but for purposes of principle I don't and won't use Facebook for personal nor business related reasons (I imagine this could potentially cost me in terms of ability to get access to consumers/prospects, but I'm okay with that). Is there any alternative platform that you would be willing to post this content on for me to digest?

So, the question is...

That was a lot of good information! Yes, I've been playing around with some ideas on how to do that myself.

I saw a rather good video on YouTube about offering gift cards to local restaurants to get access to their customer's names, phone numbers, and emails. Due to my prior experience I took that idea and was able to generate about 400 names and numbers using local restaurants in my area without having to pay for a gift card or do any type of additional work.

I apologize, this may seem silly or trivial but for purposes of principle I don't and won't use Facebook for personal nor business related reasons (I imagine this could potentially cost me in terms of ability to get access to consumers/prospects, but I'm okay with that). Is there any alternative platform that you would be willing to post this content on for me to digest?

Hey Chuck,

This is the file posted in the group. I have pre-made landing pages that work for final expense, mortgage protection, restaurant giveaway, and medicare. You can use other sources of traffic such as Google, Bing, Taboola, etc. You don't have to use Facebook, and I encourage people to use other sources. The setup instructions are for a Facebook Ad, but you can use the landing pages for any traffic source.

Lead Generation

Above is the link for the document. If you have questions, feel free to reach out!

Back