SIAA Vs SmartChoice Vs Insurance Noodle

Hi everyone!!!
Recently moved to NC and got my property and casualty license. Been in the insurance industry for 20 years but working for banks. Wanted to start my own practice. Spoke to Smart choice and they want me to start with Commercial Lines only first as being a new agent its hard to get appointed with major carriers. Could you please guide if it's beneficial to go with Smart Choice or anyone else. I appreciate your professional and experienced guidance.

Is smart choice beneficial? That depends on you. There are a TON of groups you can join, all with different contracts. Know your long term goals and see which group fits them the best.
I'm curious why they would suggest you start in commercial. Do you have some kind of relevant experience? This can be very a complex and difficult market to succeed in without some mentoring, education, etc.

Hi everyone, I just finish to read the whole thread and still on the same boat, not sure who should I join, smart choice, superior access, or noodle now (insureon solutions) SIAA to expensive to start with, my background is about 1 year and 6 months as an Allstate producer,I'm tired of them and want to start my own IA, just not sure with who to start with... Any suggestions and tips?? Forgot to tell I'm from South texas

I’m also interested in SIAA.

I spoke with them last week at FAIA in Orlando. I got my 220 license almost two years ago to work with a friends agency. He has since sold his book to a private equity group so I am interested in starting my own agency with a 10-15 year plan.

I haven’t spoken to SIAA about upfront costs associated with getting setup.

I also looked at We Insure but have not followed up with them either.

Unfortunately the clusters are only as good as the master agencies and the reps. Siaa is great in some states but is horrible in others. Smart Choice has poor service in some markets but they are awesome in others. Great Florida used to be pretty good in Florida. Ask for Mr. Buck who is in charge of agencies.

Unfortunately the clusters are only as good as the master agencies and the reps. Siaa is great in some states but is horrible in others. Smart Choice has poor service in some markets but they are awesome in others. Great Florida used to be pretty good in Florida. Ask for Mr. Buck who is in charge of agencies.
Being in Ohio and just getting my P&C license now (been doing health and life for a few years) do you know what group has ideal service and carrier options..? SIAA or Smart Choice?? and being brand new does that affect who would take me..??

Back