Sicko the movie

How will Sicko the movie effect the health insurance industry.

• Not at all

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • A lot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That still leaves 30 million people without health insurance who WANT health insurance. I would consider that a pretty large number of people...........

Haha my fault Atlas... I didn't realize that you are from Texas. That just explained everything to me. So sorry man......

Haha my fault Atlas... I didn't realize that you are from Texas. That just explained everything to me. So sorry man......

Did you not read what I posted to JSF?

" It is always nice to meet someone from my home state. "

Take a look at his flag. It is the North Carolina flag. I am not from Texas. I guess you missed that fact. I live in Texas now, but I am from North Carolina.

Notice how I am not going to call you dumb or insulting you for your mistake.

I live in Texas now, but I am from North Carolina.

Well... I don't know about moving from NC to Texas but I think it was Will Rodgers who said that all the people who left the dust-bowl of Oklahoma for California in the 1920s, raised the IQ of both states.

Al

Haha oh Atlas....my silly friend....I said you are FROM Texas. You live in Texas, correct? Does that mean you are from Texas??? I lived in California for a bit... when I lived there, I told people I was from California. Pretty simple how that works. Sorry man... I should have realized I need to be more descriptive and talk slower when I'm talking to you. My fault! Now... like newguy said, go watch some fireworks!

Al, I honestly laughed out loud when I read your post. :D

al3,

Why stop at national health care. Why not have national home owners insurance, national auto insurance, national life insurance, national disability insurance?

Why do you wish for the government to take away choices from people. Some folks want to keep the risk for themselves. Others buy insurance and transfer that risk to an insurance company. Some do not want to buy life insurance, health insurance and other kinds of insurance. I think they should have that right.

I see that you disagree with personal choice. You think the government should be able to force people to buy health insurance as most libs do. Just as libs are forcing me and other tax payers to pay for medicaid and medicare.

I want the choice not to pay for others insurance what about my choice? Why can I not opt out? Why do you and others make me pay for your wishes. I'll say this let's have national health care. Anyone that wants to opt out let us do it. The government will not go for the because they know everyone that works and has their own health insurance will opt out more than likely. Then they would not have the funds for national health insurance.

What I find most amazing is the likelihood that those 'well off' individuals who elect to not have health insurance would be the first ones to plead poverty in the event of a major, catastrophic illness and would be declaring bankruptcy or want to pay $100 a month for the rest of their lives in order to avoid having to pay the bills for treatment. And, when that happens, guess who really pays for this-everyone else who carries health insurance and watches our rates and out of pocket expenses rise 10% per year.

I also find it amazing that homeowner's insurance and auto insurance are required by regulation if you own a home or automobile in virtually every state yet health insurance, even the bare bones minimum, isn't a requirement. And yet I speak with business owners every day who have no coverage and give you a blank stare when you ask them what they will do in the event of a major illness. The answer is ususally, 'I'm entitled to healthcare, why should I pay for it'-of course these are the same people who will tell you that anyone that sits left of John Birch is a communist while they are puffing away on a cigarette.

Having worked in and around government (state) for 20 years I can see that you fail to see something that is obvious to me and anyone who has been close to government.
Al

al, i was close to gov't... well, i think i was.... is public office holder close enough??? well i hope... YOU ARE WRONG!!!! govt programs all flawed power grabs

Great post Mike - Right on the mark! I totally agree about the blank stares. Being new to the business, you find out very quickly that if someone doesn't have health insurance, chances are they don't believe that it's a necessity....

I have been talking with a woman who's husband is a doctor. I've been talking with her about switching them from their current GR plan to something else, in order to save them some money, and they also want to upgrade the coverage that they have. Anyways...

She sent me a referral. This woman calls me and says "I need insurance for my husband. Summer gave me your name and said you could help me out."

So, excited as always about a referral, I start asking questions about how I can help. During the conversation though, I start feeling that something isn't right. She was saying things like "I need the best coverage possible, so that everything is covered... especially surgery." Finally, I ask the question:

"Has something happened to your husband that has caused you to need to get health insurance? Is there something you are planning to seek treatment for?" and she responds with "Yes, the doctor said he needs surgery on his leg."

I proceed to tell her that unfortunately I can not help her. She actually got upset with me... I kept trying to explain to her why I couldn't help... she just didnt get it... then she said this, which basically sums up your last post about people not getting it:

"So wait... I can only get insurance when I don't need it? That makes no sense!"

hey nate piss off u punk ass... im from texas, have a big ass home in dallas and an appt in manhattan nyc.. and for one thing i feel you are nothing but a punk ass liberal, now you think i am some righ wing repb... nope went indy... righy down the middle ... hate bush and the current rep congress... so dont go down that path... you dog piled this dude because he is from texas and nope... sorry pall... ain't standing for it... your a prick

Back