Sicko the movie

How will Sicko the movie effect the health insurance industry.

• Not at all

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • A lot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peeler, Chill the F out dude. I was kidding. Geeze, learn to take a joke!

Wow.........

I watched the movie for free on YouTube a couple of weeks back, I would never pay to see it. The current system needs fixing but I do not know if getting the gov. to run things would be any better.

Matt

Moore has been teeing-up this garbage for the dems to help in the coming elections. Billary will use this as a wedge issue to beat on the Repubs, and the robots out there that think the world owes them something will follow suit. She doesn't really care if national deathcare gets enacted. She just want to get elected and will ride this wave of malcontents all the way to the polls.

Unfortunately moore & moveon have become the 'norm' for the democratic party. If Billary gets elected...we'll see how many lemmings in this country go over the healthcare cliff with her...

If Hillary gets elected nothing gets done for 4 years. She's not exactly a crowd favorite in the Senate and they'll make sure nothing on her agenda gets passed.

34 seats in the senate are being contested in 2008, and they have lower ratings than GW...so the senate may look a bit different this go around.

Besides...a lot can also happen in the 4 years after the elections. Politics makes strange bedfellows...

Opinion Pieces Address Health Industry Documentary 'Sicko'

[Jul 05, 2007]
The New York Times on Thursday published two opinion pieces discussing "Sicko," filmmaker Michael Moore's documentary about the health care industry. Summaries appear below.

Philip Boffey, Ne
w York Times: The documentary is "unashamedly one-sided, superficial, overstated and occasionally suspect in its details," columnist Boffey writes in a Times opinion piece, adding, "But on the big picture -- the failure to ensure that everyone who needs medical care gets it -- Mr. Moore is right." Boffey notes that a single-payer system "would be hard to sell" in the U.S., adding, "Yet the case for some form of universal coverage is strong." Boffey concludes, "Mr. Moore is right to ask how a country that spends so much more on health care than any other nation can't take care of everyone who is sick" (Boffey, New York Times, 7/5).

Timothy Egan, New York Times: "Let's stipulate that Moore is a one-sided pamphleteer" whose "job is not to find some objective truth, but to anger, challenge, ask hard questions," guest columnist Egan writes in a Times opinion piece. According to Egan, even insured U.S. residents "are stuck with what may be the worst of all systems: One that lets a handful of corporations make life-and-death decisions, with incentive to dump and deny" (Egan, New York Times, 7/5).

hey nate piss off u punk ass... im from texas, have a big ass home in dallas and an appt in manhattan nyc.. and for one thing i feel you are nothing but a punk ass liberal, now you think i am some righ wing repb... nope went indy... righy down the middle ... hate bush and the current rep congress... so dont go down that path... you dog piled this dude because he is from texas and nope... sorry pall... ain't standing for it... your a prick

Aren't democrats currently in charge of Congress?
What time is your appt in Manhattan, Tex?

Back