Sicko the movie

How will Sicko the movie effect the health insurance industry.

• Not at all

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • A lot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Medicare & Medicaid are already broken. They are going to be broken even worse as the baby boom becomes the baby bust.

The government has enough problems to fix already with those two and social security. We will be lucky if we as a nation can survive funding all of those three in the next 25 years. Now many of you want to pitch in national health care into the mix. Do you guys just wish to totally bankrupt this nation or what?

I guess you guys just do not understand the concept that we as a nation can not afford what we have now. Much less a new program. Our future obglations now are not looking very good. That is without any national health care in the mix.

Medicare & Medicaid are already broken. They are going to be broken even worse as the baby boom becomes the baby bust.

The government has enough problems to fix already with those two and social security. We will be lucky if we as a nation can survive funding all of those three in the next 25 years. Now many of you want to pitch in national health care into the mix. Do you guys just wish to totally bankrupt this nation or what?

I guess you guys just do not understand the concept that we as a nation can not afford what we have now. Much less a new program. Our future obglations now are not looking very good. That is without any national health care in the mix.

All of this is true assuming that there is no change in funding priorities as we go forward- which I don't assume. Increasingly, ,many people, conservatives included, believe that parts of our country and social system need to be rebuilt before we build the infrastructure in other countries. If there is money left over after Americans have done the basics such as fund social security and improve national health care then that can be talked about- in that order. You think that is a Ted Kennedy idea? Don't count on it. Listen to the Republicans these days.

I do agree that medicaid and social security will bust based on the demographics but that is a stupid way to fund it anyway. If a program is set up with the premise that there are six workers for every retiree and then the baby boom comes along you can't just be a deer in the headlights and pretend the demographics have not changed.

Winter

Back