Signing Application in Person

myrt931230

I'm a fairly new independent broker (1.5 yrs)... last week one of the companies I'm contracted with contacted 3 of my clients via phone to ask them if I saw them in person. I only cold call to set appointments everything else is done in person.. I like to build a relationship with my clients...
what prompts the carrier to do this?

I'm a fairly new independent broker (1.5 yrs)... last week one of the companies I'm contracted with contacted 3 of my clients via phone to ask them if I saw them in person. I only cold call to set appointments everything else is done in person.. I like to build a relationship with my clients...

Some companies only allow face to face sales. They are probably verifying.

Some states actually have a state-wide face to face only rule (Kentucky). It's not real strictly enforced but the insured could probably back out of the deal anytime if they can prove they did not sign face to face with the agent.

Maybe the companies has found some agents lying about it and just spot checking a little.

face to face so you can be on the hock on the application as well..sue the agent he told me in person...

Read your contract with that company....or ask them where in the contract it says this.

What state, what company and what product?

Its strange because some companies are now using the iGo app where you can literally do the business over the phone, email the application and have them electronically sign it and they send it back to the insurance company.

I personally like to see what and who I am insuring.

Its strange because some companies are now using the iGo app where you can literally do the business over the phone, email the application and have them electronically sign it and they send it back to the insurance company.

I personally like to see what and who I am insuring.

Me too I like to see the client it adds value. :)

I had a carrier call a client once to ask if I saw them in person, or if everything was done over the phone. According to the carrier, it was standard operating procedure for a newly contracted agent if the case was over a set amount of premium.

Back