Signing Application in Person

I usually send the apps through email to get them signed. I give my clients 2 days by saying something like this "In order for your coverage to go through without a hiccup is to get a signed app in a quickly as possible." By putting urgency on this, I have not had a problem with it yet!

I usually send the apps through email to get them signed. I give my clients 2 days by saying something like this "In order for your coverage to go through without a hiccup is to get a signed app in a quickly as possible." By putting urgency on this, I have not had a problem with it yet!

Considering the original topic of this thread, you would be in quite a bit of hot water. This concerns carriers that require all sales be done face to face. Emailing out apps in that case is just asking for trouble.

I'm a fairly new independent broker (1.5 yrs)... last week one of the companies I'm contracted with contacted 3 of my clients via phone to ask them if I saw them in person. I only cold call to set appointments everything else is done in person.. I like to build a relationship with my clients...
what prompts the carrier to do this?

who was the carrier?

Its strange because some companies are now using the iGo app where you can literally do the business over the phone, email the application and have them electronically sign it and they send it back to the insurance company....
What are your thoughts on having the paramedical examiner take the 30 page application packet to the client for signatures? I routinely do this, but with concern for the following reasons: 1) I do not understand all the "insurance legalese", but have to ask the client to sign multiple pages, 2) I do not wish to know all the clients financial information (which is in the application), and most importantly, 3) I wonder if there is a legal ramification of having an unlicensed/unqualified (for insurance) examiner taking on the responsibility of getting signatures. I do not know what I am having them sign, and I can not answer any of their questions... so most often they just sign. To me, this is wrong.

I feel uncomfortable with this responsibility, and have contacted AccuQuote and some insurance companies who use these packets. But I found myself in the loop of "no answers". All I get is "... if it was illegal we would not do it..."

VolAgent said "... Emailing out apps in that case is just asking for trouble."
Emailing out apps that have any medical information on them is risky. Unless you and your client both have an encrypted secure email systems, which most aren't. HIPPA is really picky about this.
I do not know what information is in the apps previously discussed (Josh), but in the applications I receive to take to the clients all have some splash of medical history on them.

Back