Singular Pay Loophole

If you guys need help learning how to sell your client on proper coverage then there is nothing I can do to help.

Besides, why give away all my secrets?

End of dis-cussing

Let's say a client wants to buy a health plan and tells you they want the premiums no more than $250 a month. You price it out and find that a limited plan is $245 which caps drugs at 5k a year, and a non limited plan with no Rx cap is $280 what do you do?

Kris, you know exactly what I would do. No need to respond here either.

So unless I'm missing something (and she's a referral from a friend) I tell her to either pound sand, quit her job or sell Carefirst.

I can't tell you what to do (not that you would listen any way). I would offer Carefirst (based on the scenario you presented) and move on.

I have mentioned before that I have quite a few $10 - $20 monthly commission plans on the books. I can't afford to spend a lot of time with them, but they do add up and are usually much easier sales than the ones that pay more.

But that is the way I run my business. If it is good for the client then it is good for me.

Again, I'm just wound up about this one because she's an extremely nice a distraught friend of a client. And good client too. She's in southern MD and it's not like there's a booming job market around her - she's lucky with the job she has. Small dental office, no bene's.

Judging from many of your posts Somarco I was under the assumption I should walk away from her instead of selling Carefirst with a $500 cap. Although walking away might sound "cool" to post I don't have it in my heart to tell someone "I'm not going to help you."

What we need to understand is we give our best effort to put people on no-cap plans. However, when declines are involved choices narrow. When MHIP and group are not options I am not prepared to tell a client to simply get another job. If I ever got to that stage of bitterness I'd quit the business. I help everyone and everyone and it is what it is.

For what it's worth, I listen to you and have listened to you on many items over a long period of time. I do not agree, however, when any mentality regarding walking away from a client if you can't sell a plan without caps. I think that's terrible advice and quite opposite from the fantastic advice you normally give.

There are plenty of ways to make a plan affordable without sacrificing quality of benefits. I do it every day without putting my clients in a crap plan.

Guess that would be what you call selling . . .
If you can't reveal your secrets, I would appreciate a friendly nod in the right direction. I would love to put people on the best plans and save them money. As a newbie, I just don't know how.

Back