Singular Pay Loophole

I tell every client that I talk to that I will NOT show them a plan that a) I wouldn't put my own family on, b) has no name brand coverage or limits them in name brand coverage.

That's almost verbatim what I tell my clients.

I never recommend a plan I wouldn't buy. I never recommend making a change unless it puts you in a better position than you are now.

Recommending and selling are different. I always recommend a plan - what they end up with might be different. And ditto - never worsen anyone's situation. This is the main reason I don't really mess with anyone on group coverage.

OK, I never sell, or allow a client to buy (at least not from me), a plan I would not own.

If they want a crap plan they get it somewhere else. I am not that hard up for a sale that I will allow my clients to buy a plan that has little or no Rx cover. You wont find one Saver, Core Med or Right Start plan on the books with my name on it as agent.

To each his own. 6 out of 8 companies in MD cap RX. I sell all of it and enjoy doing so. At with BX at $17.50 commish and about 4 to 5 months to see the 1st commish I'm not exactly kicking it out for the money.

Last edited:
OK, I never sell, or allow a client to buy (at least not from me), a plan I would not own.

If they want a crap plan they get it somewhere else. I am not that hard up for a sale that I will allow my clients to buy a plan that has little or no Rx cover. You wont find one Saver, Core Med or Right Start plan on the books with my name on it as agent.

Why do you put the coremed in that group? Is it because of prescription or is it something else?

To each his own. 6 out of 8 companies in MD cap RX. I sell all of it and enjoy doing so. At with BX at $17.50 commish and about 4 to 5 months to see the 1st commish I'm not exactly kicking it out for the money.

I stress this again, every state is different! Here in CO there are only about 2-3 plans that limit Rx drugs or don't cover them, one being Golden Rule (Saver), Assurant has some that give you the option, and Kaiser Co-Pay Individual plans don't cover Rx. (except for one plan and their HSA's)

So getting in a pissing match over it doesn't make much sense. I do enjoy hearing what other states offer and what they don't though, keeps my brain juices flowing! :biggrin:

Love the CoreMed plan. It's responsible for getting clients of my mine covered when they had nothing in place at the time and no other carrier or plan would take them. CoreMed is simply fantastic in those situations. Cranking one out tomorrow and can't wait to write the deal.

Please be sure to send those articles to Carefirst, Kaiser, Optimum Choice, Aetna and Coventry. They are the one that cap drugs, not me. And if it's a GR and Assurant decline, unlike you, I'm not just hanging my client out in the wind to fend for them self. I can't even imagine the conversation:

Beth, age 62 smoker with HBP 2 meds, no coverage:

Beth: "So what did you find?"

Me: "Unfortunately Beth your choices are limited. Golden Rule won't take you. Assurant would, but the rate would be crazy and I already know you can't go over $250. Coventry would also decline but Carefirst would take you. The downside is the limit on drugs is $500."

Beth: "Well I'll take it, I have nothing now and need coverage."

Me: "Actually Beth you need to find another agent. I simply don't need your business." <click.>

Beth: "Hello? HELLO???"

Back