Slander From Past Agents

We have had prior agents and employess slander us in the past to try to take some of our clients, we had to take legal action on 2 occassions.

I had an agent tell my old clients that my wife had passed away, and that's why I left. Then they said my son was sick so I wanted to spend more time at home.

I actually went to that agents office to confront her and of course she denied ever saying anything, but then I had one of my old clients walk in the door(he happened to be a very good friend of mine) her jaw hit the floor. Needless to say I never had that problem again...

I'd be surprised if the DOI gave a crap. I would send them a copy of that article Sam posted a link to. That would probably stop it fast. Can't see a legal battle worth it. Easy to prove slander if a lot of clients are involved. Bring 10 or so to court all saying the same thing and you have it but don't you have to prove damages? I would think you would have to provide people that didn't do business with you because of what they heard or something like that.

I had an agent tell my old clients that my wife had passed away, and that's why I left. Then they said my son was sick so I wanted to spend more time at home.

I actually went to that agents office to confront her and of course she denied ever saying anything, but then I had one of my old clients walk in the door(he happened to be a very good friend of mine) her jaw hit the floor. Needless to say I never had that problem again...

I would have paid an "admission price" to see that thieving chick's face.....just thinking about it makes me :biggrin:. Good for you.

Latest posts

Back