SNL Counselor Evaluations ??

I would use Trans a whole lot more if they would make it easier on the agent. How would you fight the 17 page app, the different answers to the same question from different new bus/uw's, the ridiculously complicated PA disclosure form?

The week before last I sent in an application with the monthly premium filled in on page one, same as I had been doing it all along. I got a "requirement" that I put in the total annual premium (12 times monthly mode) instead and get the client's initials. That was a new one for me, but, ok. So I did that. Let's not bring up the fact that the client had also signed the ETF authorization and the SS billing form and received the PA disclosure form spelling this all out.

The very next Trans app I send in this week I put in the annual premium (12 times the monthly). I get a "requirement" that I clarify the monthly amount with the clients initials!

FWIW, not one of my other carriers has ever made me go back for another signature or more initials. This is because those carriers design an application and a process where the agent is likely to get it right the first time. Trans, on the other hand, has an application that lends itself to agent error (especially inexperienced agents like me), and the uw process is inconsistent in that you will get a req from one uw'er that would have sailed through a different uw'er.

If Trans ever stops taking COPD w/o O2 standard, I will take them out of my inventory. They also have a couple of nice heart med niches, as well. But when I am on an appointment I realize that this is a Trans case, my mood darkens lol.

Now, if Trans were to give us a quick and easy e-App with a POS interview with a yes/no before leaving the POS they'd be my go to company. There are things I really like about Trands. I like the pay on draft, I like the way the pay-throughs are set-up, and when I do speak with one of their underwriters, I am always treated well and they are very helpful.

Trans is a conundrum to me.

WTF

I've been fighting with Trans for years now. I actually got a call from them recently wanting to know what I thought about them and their processes. I had to ask the guy if he was serious and also how much time he had. I told him, "Sure, I'll give you a whole list or two of things that need to be addressed, but I have the feeling it is falling on deaf ears just like it always has". He assured me that he was listening. Well, he might have been, but the people who can actually do something don't, so I doubt my list goes anywhere. We were on the phone for over an hour. I have to hand it to the guy as he was very patient with me and no matter how much I went on a rant, he was right there listening to everything I had to say.

Time will tell and right now time isn't even whispering thus far.

I've been fighting with Trans for years now. I actually got a call from them recently wanting to know what I thought about them and their processes. I had to ask the guy if he was serious and also how much time he had. I told him, "Sure, I'll give you a whole list or two of things that need to be addressed, but I have the feeling it is falling on deaf ears just like it always has". He assured me that he was listening. Well, he might have been, but the people who can actually do something don't, so I doubt my list goes anywhere. We were on the phone for over an hour. I have to hand it to the guy as he was very patient with me and no matter how much I went on a rant, he was right there listening to everything I had to say.

Time will tell and right now time isn't even whispering thus far.

Production talks.

For clarity this form is a simple way to ask for referrals without being pushy about it.

We don’t want the form and no, we aren’t calling later. This is a form that we borrowed from our preened division and it gives agents a simple way to ask for referrals. If you ask for referrals in a non-intrusive manner most of the time you get at least one referral.

Here is another guy hoping you come to Pa/NJ someday soon

You're right. Production talks. But lack of production should talk even louder, if enough of your agents have found better options. There's a company I'm thinking of with a home office on the Virginia/Tennessee border that should be listening right about now!
Just saw that they claim to have 8000 agents but only had 23 that wrote more than $5800 last month.

Back