SNL Counselor Evaluations ??

Wouldn't want to use that company... Washington National has added three new questions to their FE app..

1. Do you have a need for life insurance protection?
(If you respond “no” to Question 1 you are not eligible for life insurance coverage.)

2. Do you have sufficient funds or other liquid assets to pay for living expenses and unexpected emergencies in excess of the premium you are paying for this product?
(If you respond “no” to Question 2 you are not eligible for life insurance protection.)

3. Did the insurance agent inquire into your need for life insurance protection and your finances to help determine if the applied for policy is suitable/appropriate for you?

Normally we would refer to this as suitability, but the way this is worded it's more like stupability!

Normally we would refer to this as suitability, but the way this is worded it's more like stupability!
At least they did away with their mandatory phone interviews.. Will do some at random.. Can you imagine the client when the interviewer asks "Do you need this insurance"?

"..... ummm... now that I think but it... maybe not." :1arghh:

At least they did away with their mandatory phone interviews.. Will do some at random.. Can you imagine the client when the interviewer asks "Do you need this insurance"?

"..... ummm... now that I think but it... maybe not." :1arghh:

Surely they will figure out soon they are losing business. If I were an agent with this company I would be raising absolute hell with them! Glad we don't have them or I would end up having my contract jerked (probably).

Todd, you'returning into a hard ass!!! :yes:

I've always been like this when it comes to insurance companies. I can't stand blatent stupity like that.

The difference in this case between JD and I is that JD would just stop using a company that makes it hard on the agent. I will make sure to have a fight before I either walk away, get termed, or they smarten up.

Why would a company do this?

My suspicion (and it is only that), is they are either experiencing some quality issues, or are double checking to ensure no one is selling their product by phone.

Having a company call after the sale is not something I would like to happen. Too many variables involved.
SNL's newsletter announces: Counselor Evaluations are Now Available!

I pulled up the from on the agent portal. It is a from for the client to evaluate how the agent performed. One of the questions is, "Do you see the “Family and Pet Protection Plan” as a valued benefit to your family?"

SNL is going to sell pet insurance????

For clarity this form is a simple way to ask for referrals without being pushy about it.

We don’t want the form and no, we aren’t calling later. This is a form that we borrowed from our preened division and it gives agents a simple way to ask for referrals. If you ask for referrals in a non-intrusive manner most of the time you get at least one referral.

Thank you for clarifying Tommy. As you can tell by this thread, companies outside of your own, are interrupting the sales process for agents. And are often times costing them sales. I like this approach your describing. Think it can be beneficial in the long run

The difference in this case between JD and I is that JD would just stop using a company that makes it hard on the agent. I will make sure to have a fight before I either walk away, get termed, or they smarten up.

I would use Trans a whole lot more if they would make it easier on the agent. How would you fight the 17 page app, the different answers to the same question from different new bus/uw's, the ridiculously complicated PA disclosure form?

The week before last I sent in an application with the monthly premium filled in on page one, same as I had been doing it all along. I got a "requirement" that I put in the total annual premium (12 times monthly mode) instead and get the client's initials. That was a new one for me, but, ok. So I did that. Let's not bring up the fact that the client had also signed the ETF authorization and the SS billing form and received the PA disclosure form spelling this all out.

The very next Trans app I send in this week I put in the annual premium (12 times the monthly). I get a "requirement" that I clarify the monthly amount with the clients initials!

FWIW, not one of my other carriers has ever made me go back for another signature or more initials. This is because those carriers design an application and a process where the agent is likely to get it right the first time. Trans, on the other hand, has an application that lends itself to agent error (especially inexperienced agents like me), and the uw process is inconsistent in that you will get a req from one uw'er that would have sailed through a different uw'er.

If Trans ever stops taking COPD w/o O2 standard, I will take them out of my inventory. They also have a couple of nice heart med niches, as well. But when I am on an appointment I realize that this is a Trans case, my mood darkens lol.

Now, if Trans were to give us a quick and easy e-App with a POS interview with a yes/no before leaving the POS they'd be my go to company. There are things I really like about Trands. I like the pay on draft, I like the way the pay-throughs are set-up, and when I do speak with one of their underwriters, I am always treated well and they are very helpful.

Trans is a conundrum to me.

WTF

The PA disclosure never requires the clients signature for corrections. Needless to say if you see that form that should tell you everything about why some carriers aren’t in our state.

The PA disclosure never requires the clients signature for corrections. Needless to say if you see that form that should tell you everything about why some carriers aren’t in our state.

I love how you contact customer service with various companies and ask for assistance and it takes them an hour to assist. If company reps. Can't explain it how can agents? Tough deal

Back