So why the Hell should any independent agent sell Sagicor?

Ask 10 random people in your city have they ever heard of Sagicor. Now ask 10 random people have they ever heard of New York Life. Chances are they never heard of Sagicor. Even if the video ran across their news feed.

People have seen and heard about NYL their entire life and still never purchased a policy. At best had a neighbor or friend who sold it. And still didn't purchase. Nothing to worry about until you get the letter saying they no longer need your services. Then it's off to offering the next carrier.

Speaking of NYL, years ago they ran a commercial with a fake football team and a blimp overhead. I believe it was a parody of the Goodyear blimp. Can't say if it was successful or not and it may have only run during football season.

Around that time I was a rep for MONY. Not as well known as NYL unless you were a fan of Tommy James.

I was on a sales presentation and the person we were trying to close said he had never heard of MONY. My response was, "You have seen our commercials. Right? With the blimp and the football game?"

Oh yeah. That was you?

We made the sale.

Now here is Tommy James . . .

Marketers are not sales people. Their only purpose is to "get people in the door" so to speak. Once a Sales Consultant is able to speak with them, we normally find a better product or a better company for them.

That's our job. I've done a lot of business due to Colonial Penn's "$9.95 life insurance" policy. I don't sell it, but I've no issue going onto their website and showing the client exactly what they are getting with that policy.

Funny thing is that I'm considering a position with Sagicor.

Speaking of NYL, years ago they ran a commercial with a fake football team and a blimp overhead. I believe it was a parody of the Goodyear blimp. Can't say if it was successful or not and it may have only run during football season.

Around that time I was a rep for MONY. Not as well known as NYL unless you were a fan of Tommy James.

I was on a sales presentation and the person we were trying to close said he had never heard of MONY. My response was, "You have seen our commercials. Right? With the blimp and the football game?"

Oh yeah. That was you?

We made the sale.

Now here is Tommy James . . .

Extra points for the groovy music vid!

Back