Social Service Coordinators

They are legit. But I don't use them. If I find a client/prospect that I "feel'' ( I know the income levels for qualifying), I just go to SSA.gov and help them apply by filling out applications for them. It only takes about 15-20 mins. I cant remember the last time I helped someone apply and they not get the LIS. I build the trust and they want me to help, I do always say you can apply 5 ways, SSA local office, SSA phone, fill out application and mail in, go to SSA website, or I will do it for you. 9 out of 10 ask me to do it . I get lots of " hugs." ;)

Even if these people are on the up and up....they are calling consumers and asking for banking info and social security numbers. They did so today. My husband has medicare and I do not so why would they need my social security number too? This does not sound right at all. I don't want their help...I do not trust them...I do not know who these people are and you are NEVER supposed to give your social security number or bank information to ANYONE over the phone for any reason.

This is why I think asking people about banking information when qualifying an FE appointment is insanity. I give my SSN over the phone for a pile of reasons, all legit, but many seniors feel this way.

You are incorrect. My clients give their Ssn all the the time on the phone when applying for insurance.

Even if these people are on the up and up....they are calling consumers and asking for banking info and social security numbers. They did so today. My husband has medicare and I do not so why would they need my social security number too? This does not sound right at all. I don't want their help...I do not trust them...I do not know who these people are and you are NEVER supposed to give your social security number or bank information to ANYONE over the phone for any reason.

Re: Social Service Coordinatorars

They keep sending different info.. One asks for SScard , one doesn't.. one sends me nothing to fill out, eccept healthcard, Drivers licence. The other sent 15 pages to read and sign and wants info of my bank account for 3 months... what gives?
Both say I will receive the money taken by SS for Medicare..
And what is the "Premmium Notice"?
I am not on any medications, no medical bills, etc..

My parents work with an advocate at Social ServiceCoordinators, and it began with a phone call asking questions abouttheir health benefits, they got nervous and called me so I looked into it andnow they are members.

Social Service Coordinators is a social advocacy program whichhelps Medicare persons by identifying and enrolling peole intoprograms that save you money and not just on health care but telephone,transportation, and property tax- these are the services my parents have used,I'm sure each person is a little different.

I hope this helps, maybe look up theirwebsite- sscincorporated.com or give them a call.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Social Service Coordinators is a health care industry leader in education and advocacy, with over 8,000 public or privately sponsored programs nationwide.

Last edited:
I have had one of their employee's a Shannon McKoy as my rep. and I am becoming very unhappy and stressed from all the faxing and copying I have to do. They are so Demanding, even wanting bank statements and how am I getting my S.S. checks. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield is my health insurance and am calling my health insurance agent to complain about her and switch my health insurance in hopes of getting Ms. McKoy and the entire SSC off my back. :arghh:

Back