Stand Alone Accident Plans and Critical Illness

Is the value really there for a stand alone accident policy when its usually cheaper to endorse an accident rider to the health policy?

I understand your point but assurant is overpriced in california and not very competitve. So I sell they other plans that have HSA's and they don't have an accident rider's with the plan that is why I have to sell a stand alone. If assurant was competetive I would sell more I have a few clients on assurant plans and have sold all of them with suite-solutions which is why I got the idea of looking for stand alone accident and critical illness to package with my other carriers since they don't have accident rider coverage with the plans.

Here is an example of assurant prices in california

for a 5000 one deductible for a 31 year old it is 140 without suite solutions.

with another carrier 102 dollars a month 1750 deductible HDHP

Look at the difference in price and the deductible.

I understand your point but assurant is overpriced in california

I don't know why Assurant bothers to recruit agents in CA because they are a non-player. Both Blues (they compete in CA) and Aetna and Health Net have them beat every which way... price, network, deduct., OOP-Max, and Rx. I've not met one agent who has ever written an Assurant policy here. I can't think of why anyone would!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

I don't know why Assurant bothers to recruit agents in CA because they are a non-player. Both Blues (they compete in CA) and Aetna and Health Net have them beat every which way... price, network, deduct., OOP-Max, and Rx. I've not met one agent who has ever written an Assurant policy here. I can't think of why anyone would!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

You didn't even mention the one that blows them all away in the HSA market which is Nationwide and that was the carrier in my above example for 102 dollar for a 31 year old for a 1750 Deductible HSA plan. The best blue cross can do is a 3500 deductible the cost is 85 dollars a month why would I double my expsoure for 17 dollars a month sounds like a no brainer. Also most people sell blue cross. If there already on blue cross what do you do?

Pitch Health Net, Aetna, probably I would guess.

Al would like to talk to you about are great state of california and what you do. PM me when you get a chance so we can chat.

You didn't even mention the one that blows them all away in the HSA market which is Nationwide

I never think of Nationwide a health player in CA mainly because I know them as a P&C firm. I assumed you had to be captive with them? No?

I've never known anyone to have their health plans (in IFP). Maybe they are great... I just don't know about their networks, their claims payment policies, or their underwriting.

I put all my biz with either the two blues or aetna. I don't like Health Net, Kaiser, or Pacificare... for different reasons per carrier.

Al

Al, you are missing the boat of you don't look at Nationwide. Their network is terrific and they have the best value in HSA and copay plans.

The biggest advantage is when you speak with someone who is currently insured, you can likely offer a good alternative. And most of these people are with Blue Cross or Blue Shield. By working with Nationwide, you can make a compelling reason for these folks to at least look at a better plan.

I write almost no other carrier other than Nationwide although my quote engine has all companies to review.

Rick

Al, you are missing the boat of you don't look at Nationwide.

I took a look.... and liked what I saw. I called the toll-free number on website for contracting. Called twice. Got voice message from same person twice. In past experience if a company can't handle agent inquiries for licensing, they can't handle agent requests on apps, claims, etc. I left a message (once). Will be interesting to see if she calls me back.

Al

I need a stand alone accident plan for a client......whats out there....needs to cover child's sporting activities.....

Back