Standard Life and Casualty Medicare Supplement

We have contracts available for Standard Life and have began recruiting agents, but are curious as to everyone's opinions on the product.

From comparisons we've done, Standard Life's Plan F rates are not very competitive in any states. Standard Life's Plan G rates seem to be very competitive, usually within the top 3 Plan G rates if not the best in each state.

We've always gotten mixed results on recruiting agents to Plan G, obviously many experienced agents (many of you on the forum) utilize the Plan G, but many green agents and older agents are tough to convert from the Plan F only mentality.

Proposed Rates for Launch States are listed below in case you haven't seen them. What's everybody think? Is it something that you're going to pick up to work with just for their Plan G?

Standard Life Proposed Rates:

Colorado / Indiana / Louisiana / Mississippi / Kentucky

North Dakota / Nevada / South Carolina / South Dakota

Tennessee / Texas / Utah

Standard Life Sample Med Supp App

I may or may not pick them up. Shouldn't you be posting this in the offers section?

Just looking for opinions on the product and whether only having a competitive Plan G is a deterrent to agents when deciding to work with Standard Life.

Well there you go. You just reached 100 posts so you can now post in the offers section. Btw, the rates I seen aren't that great(not sure what they are without the discount). The uw isn't great. Same as most other companies.

----------

Well there you go. You just reached 100 posts so you can now post in the offers section. Btw, the rates I seen aren't that great(not sure what they are without the discount). The uw isn't great. Same as most other companies.

I did get offered a high commission for them so I may roll some of my clients to them.

How long has Std been writing Medigap?

They just released but they are using Amerilife's TPA (same as Forethought and Sentinel) and are being reinsured by MoO which would explain the great Plan G rates and horrible Plan F rates.

Thanks.

I have a personal rule. I won't contract with anyone that has less than 3 years in the Medigap business. In my short while in this market I have seen too many folks get burned by a new carrier, even one with a recognizable name.

Quack . . .

Just looking for opinions on the product and whether only having a competitive Plan G is a deterrent to agents when deciding to work with Standard Life.

you obviously were looking for more than opinions since you posted that you had contracts available...

----------

Thanks.

I have a personal rule. I won't contract with anyone that has less than 3 years in the Medigap business. In my short while in this market I have seen too many folks get burned by a new carrier, even one with a recognizable name.

Quack . . .

A smart move in my opinion. I would be surprised if their rates stay low very long, not many carriers like New Era in my opinion. They have had a great rate history and continue to manage their blocks well. Equitable also appears to have a handle of things.

Latest posts

Back