Standard Life and Casualty Medicare Supplement

Since FL is God's waiting room, and AARP/UHC is so entrenched there, I doubt a new carrier would be willing or able to compete with them.

We have contracts available for Standard Life and have began recruiting agents, but are curious as to everyone's opinions on the product.......many green agents and older agents are tough to convert from the Plan F only mentality.

This points out that experienced agents, and those trained well, encourage their clients to strongly consider Plan G for the benefits in today's terms, as well as at renewal time with the usual, significant differential in rate increases between the two plans.

My question is.. Would you intend to push agents into the contract without this kind of training and leadership?

If so, you're right, many won't come merely for the contract.

We've always gotten mixed results on recruiting agents to Plan G, obviously many experienced agents (many of you on the forum) utilize the Plan G, but many green agents and older agents are tough to convert from the Plan F only mentality.

It is not only the agents that you have a hard time "converting from a plan F mentality", it is also the clients. Many like the idea of not ever pulling our their wallet at the Dr.'s office even if it cost them a little more than it would if they paid the deductible out of pocket with a plan G. My wife and I both have plan F and even though I know a G would be a better buy, we like the convenience of the F.

It is not only the agents that you have a hard time "converting from a plan F mentality", it is also the clients. Many like the idea of not ever pulling our their wallet at the Dr.'s office even if it cost them a little more than it would if they paid the deductible out of pocket with a plan G. My wife and I both have plan F and even though I know a G would be a better buy, we like the convenience of the F.

Occasionally after I go over the plan differences I get someone who likes the convenience of F despite its extra cost exceeding the extra benefit. If so I write them an F. But most don't see the convenience of paying the first doctor bill or two worth paying an insurance company in some cases $200 to 300+ for the convenience of having the company pay their $147 for them. Mostly I get those who move from "I want F" to "why would anyone choose F?" within minutes. So long as I've made it clear the F choice is one of convenience rather than it being "the best plan" I'm OK with whichever plan they choose if they choose to let me write it.

I get that too with many that are on F and have ben for a while.

Here with most companies the premium difference is at least $30/mo between G and F and usually more. I just had one that was $40/mo difference.

I was saving her $15/mo to go to another F. Could save her another $40/mo to go with G. Took me a while to show her, convince her, that she was paying $480/yr for a $147 benefit. Even after understanding she was willing to pay the extra $333/yr just for the convenience. She said the same thing as you. She didn't want to have to pay at the doctor's office.

I explained that again to her that she didn't have to pay at the doctor's office and she would be billed. She finally saw the value and went with G.

As soon as she was approved she asked if she could switch it to F. She could and did.

Before a couple of years ago here the difference in premium between was about $15-18/mo. Everyone took F then. So I've only had to deal with this larger premium difference for about 2 years.

Many people still will not go to G from F. But they ones that are willing to consider G and easy converts to N.

Personally, I don't care if they buy F or G or N. Just as long as they buy it from me.

If someone seems to be wavering on F vs G I flip flop it.

Say you had plan G and decided you didn't want to pay the $147 deductible. You wanted the insurance company to pay it for you.

Would you be willing to give them an extra $330 a year to pay that $147 for you?

Personally, I don't care if they buy F or G or N. Just as long as they buy it from me.

If someone seems to be wavering on F vs G I flip flop it.

Say you had plan G and decided you didn't want to pay the $147 deductible. You wanted the insurance company to pay it for you.

Would you be willing to give them an extra $330 a year to pay that $147 for you?

That's a good way to phrase it. Thanks, I'll use that.

Back