Starting my Own Agency

I have no idea or a clue where to begin or how to sale insurance can someone help me please
Well, the first thing you have to do is sell insurance to get a sale..

Starting a scratch agency without first working with someone that will help train you is a tough road to hoe.

I have worked for state farm and am fully licensed i just need to know how i can start and sell insurance independently

i started a scratch agency with no knowledge of insurance... i can tell you it is one of the most frustrating things you can do.

I went through a million phases of changing the way i work, changing my target audience, shot gun approach, niche approach, standard business, non standard... etc...

It is very hard to figure out how you want your "image" to be if you never worked for another agency and kind of develop how you may want to run an agency.

A ton of learning, and keep an open mind in changing the way you do things.

you can just get licensed and work for an independent agency. starting your own will be tough without carriers.

You can talk to your Big I which is the independent Association for brokers. There is one in every state. Ask them they have companies that you can sell for starting out with not much of a premium commitment. Having your sold for State Farm as a producer should help you. Hope that helps.
:skeptical::cool::GEEK::goofy:;)

Thank you for the help and also you mentioned working as a producer? I know a farmers agent thats offering me to work for her as an agency producer but she said it would be a word agreement Does anyone know how that works?? And how an agency producer works? Thanks

Thank you for the help and also you mentioned working as a producer? I know a farmers agent thats offering me to work for her as an agency producer but she said it would be a word agreement Does anyone know how that works?? And how an agency producer works? Thanks

Yea no contract on your assignment, you work for her she pays what you both agreed on.

She said i would get 10% commission on whatever priduct i sell

Well that's nice and dandy, she's giving you her personal commission but only for the first initial payment. I like agents that pay a flat payment with a increasing tree of commission per 10 cars.

Back