Starting Over in Med Supp Sales

Is this new information on cold calling for Med supp? All I've been able to find is the information on part C.

The CMS restrictions apply to MA plans, not Med Supps.

Over the years I have purchased every kind of lead that has ever been available for Med Supps. In my opinion they are all pretty much the same, very expensive and not worth the money.

I buy a list and give them a call. It has proved, at least for me, to be the easiest, simplest, most cost effective way for me to get new clients.

I'd be glad to share my experiences cold calling verses purchasing leads with you if you would like to give me a call, 573.544.4091.

I purposely carved out leads in rural area's where MA plans would be scarce and I thought most folks would rather use "their" doc vs a network doc.

My direct leads were of better quality and closing ratio significantly higher.

Did you find more success in the rural areas versus the urban areas?

and,

Are your direct leads obtained only from your website?

Thanks,

Ron

Most of my clients are not in Atlanta where I live, and most are in areas where MA's aren't as popular or prevalent.

My website does not target specific parts of GA so leads come from all over.

Generally I have better luck with folks outside of Atlanta.

Direct leads are from my site and referrals.

Did you find more success in the rural areas versus the urban areas?

I have always had more success selling Med Supps in rural areas even before MA plans. Since the advent of MA Plans I don't even attempt to market in metro areas anymore.

Not that I don't sell Med Supps when I do, it is just more time consuming so why even mess with it. Also, for the most part the people are a lot healthier.

Any suggestions concerning websites for leads. Should I have a site built or one of the prepared sites? I have no experience in this type of marketing but I am going to do something.

Any suggestions concerning websites for leads. Should I have a site built or one of the prepared sites? I have no experience in this type of marketing but I am going to do something.

It would be a good idea to have a website to begin creating a presence on the internet. However, I don't believe that it needs to be an extremely high priority for you right now. I would suggest that a much higher priority is getting back up to speed with Med Supps and polishing your sales techniques. Seniors are still not flocking to the internet to purchase Med Supps.

More and more seniors are turning to the internet for Med Supp information but I suspect it will still be a few years in the future before a Med Supp website will really come into its own.

You might want a website in a few months or so only to maintain/build credibility with people you meet. But unless you have massive amounts of cash to spend on a Google Adwords campaign, any rate of return on establishing and SEO'ing (getting a site to rank well on Google) will come far, far down the road and that's only to say if you can beat the current and rising competition. Whatever you do, build your website on Wordpress.

Back