Starting Over in Med Supp Sales

I received this PM but I don't meet the requirements to respond back.

(Congrats on your first week's production.

Was wondering if you cared to detail what it took you to produce the 6 MedSupps and 1 FE policy.

Such as, approximately how many hours and days of cold-calling? And at what times were you calling?

Would you see people same day, next day? If you saw them same day, did you see them immediately or later at night? Could you do some AM cold calling and conduct multiple presentations later?

Thanks for any insight. I work FE primarily but am dabbling in MedSupps only when I work my FE leads.)

I ordered call list from Josh and I am fixing to make 2nd order. I am lazy therefore when I am calling I do not stop until I've met my appointment goals. I'm afraid that if I stopped calling to go run an appointment that I would make a sale and call it a day. I call all day long until I set 8 to 10 appoints for the end of the week. I don't worry about how many calls I have to make only how many appointment I have set. I also ask my appointment if they have any friends that would be interested and to invite them over when I come out. On an appoint Wednesday there were 3 couples at the home when I arrived. I sell Medsup and only explain to my customers the other lines of coverage I offer.

Such as, approximately how many hours and days of cold-calling? And at what times were you calling?

Would you see people same day, next day? If you saw them same day, did you see them immediately or later at night? Could you do some AM cold calling and conduct multiple presentations later?

I have found that on some days an hour or two can get me a sale. Other days it seems like I couldn't give one away if I included a free car.

The best times are between 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. I have had a lot of success calling between 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm.

I want to see them as soon as I hang up the phone. Setting appointments for several days after the initial call has not proven to be all that successful for me.

I ordered call list from Josh and I am fixing to make 2nd order.

You got those Yankees scratching their heads, wondering if Josh's lists are broken! :D:D:D

Good job with the Med Supps.. Keep on keeping on. In 40 years, I have never asked a prospect to invite their friends over for an interview. Seems like a unique idea.. You are setting up a mini "seminar" without incurring any addition expense. In the case you cite, did any of the 3 couples buy?

Who here has an office that is in their home vs. an office in a rented or purchased building. What's everyone's take on which is best? All I do is Senior products. Droberts, are you working out of your home or did you find a place to start your business?

Who here has an office that is in their home vs. an office in a rented or purchased building. What's everyone's take on which is best? All I do is Senior products. Droberts, are you working out of your home or did you find a place to start your business?

I went to an office every day when I had a real job.

Seniors do not come to see me neither would I want them to. I have had an office at home since 1993 and it has and still is working perfectly. If they ask where my office is I tell them in the spare bedroom.

I have never had one who thought that was anything but cool.

That's where mine has always been too but I am just trying to get a feel if it's worth the extra money spent to have a store front. My overhead is basically $75.00/month because I have a special phone line and a toll-free number. I would have internet, a computer and printer anyway whether I worked here or not.

I'm out of town alot also for appointments so would have to hire a secretary to be in the office because you wouldn't want to just close the door if you have a store front.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My office is literally 10 steps away from my downstairs bar with the mini fridge. So far I have always resisted the temptation until at least 4:00.

Last edited:
Back