State Farm commission structure

I agree and thank you for that. I have a job lined up at a State Farm office that does very well, but indy is interesting. I just realized the other day that our state is a economic powerhouse in iteself. I'm in LA so I'm really exploring. I've met a few independent people and a girl I'm dating her dad is independent and makes a fortune.

Port of Long Beach is a good example... just the sheer amount of trucks going in and out of there and all the surrounding business.From what I see captives struggle here.

Its an awfull debit mod territory on the workers comp side. Literally just need 1 carrier that doesnt have the debit mod and you will win business.

One really good example would be the relationship I (a commercial indy agent) have with captive agents. They consistently send me business they can't write. Usually $5,000 - $10,000 accounts. An Allstate agent sent me one recently that's probably going to be $100,000 or $150,000 or so. I generally send them the personal home and auto that comes my way and will end up being a few thousand dollar accounts.

Who would you rather be? Me or them?

Back