Still no offical 2009 MA commisions posted

Well i've been informed by one of my carriers that they will increase the renewal commissions to the new rate if a client renews their coverage.

That is good news...and that would solve some issues of churning.

Well i've been informed by one of my carriers that they will increase the renewal commissions to the new rate if a client renews their coverage.

That is good news...and that would solve some issues of churning.

Did you want to give us a hint?

Rick

I recieved an email from Care Improvement saying this very thing. The problem is that their plan has gone down the tubes. Its too bad the plan was very good for certain people. Now rates have gone up over 100% and benefits down.

Ive gotten a bunch of e mails directly from carries stating all commissions will be level at $500 years 1-5. WHICH IS AWESOME!!! Aetna is still cheap though $400 ... I think Im gonna take this year off if they increase renewals I got almost 400 active cases from the last 2 years I worked in the field ... wait, they're not gonna really pay me 200k in january that cant be real !!!

Ive gotten a bunch of e mails directly from carries stating all commissions will be level at $500 years 1-5. WHICH IS AWESOME!!! Aetna is still cheap though $400 ... I think Im gonna take this year off if they increase renewals I got almost 400 active cases from the last 2 years I worked in the field ... wait, they're not gonna really pay me 200k in january that cant be real !!!

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee! They are not going to pay you the new rates for old sales... the new rates are those sales going forward. 2009 plans will pay $500 this year and again next year if you conserve the client. Retention is easier than finding new, so it will behoove all of us to serve that client well. I think this may be part of the plan....

wrong (sorta), CIP will be paying the new renewal rate for all past business ... I know Aetna wont be but Bravo is paying an extra renewal for all past business still on the books. UHC has told me directly there is something in the works.

I think that now since that congressman from California is making a big stink to CMS about caping commisions and stoping incentives to curn business is going to throw everything in the works right out the window.

Well seems like CIP is the only co to announce a raise in existing plans that renew. Others are mighty quiet again.

And this call to cap commissions....Hello, Congressman....how about lopping your salary say 10-20% since you and your ilk are obviously overpaid for your leadership! Think you're a banker CEO?

I am taking the class to sit for the license to sell medicare supplement and LTC in NC for the upcoming enrollement period. Is it really worth considering the changes?

Back