Superior Access

Believe in yourself. It doesn't take writing much to have it pay you to have the bigger commission. If you aren't going to write that much business, do something else.

Dan

When using a service like superior access, do they just bill the client or how does collecting a down payment work?

Hey guys,

Yes I know that there is more than a few topics on this subject but I want to ask for myself. Ok so here is whats going on: I opened my agency a couple months ago. I've been able to get direct carrier appointments with a few sub standard carriers. I've been trying to get appointed (if that's even what it's called) with a wholesaler for BOP and other commercial stuff. I'm tired of carrier reps being super rude whenever I call.Even after the wholesaler rep told me she would appoint me, she never returns my calls or responds my emails. I mean WTH?! So I'm about to just sign up for Superior Access. Please give me your honest opinions on them and don't tell me to go look at past posts because I already looked but I'm still not sure what to do.....I know that getting appointments is like less than half the work of running an agency. It just sucks (for the lack of a better word) to have potential clients come in and leave because I couldn't beat their rate (even though I always tell them to look at coverage first then price..but you guys know how it is lol). Thoughts???

I'm just starting as well but you have surpassed me. Can you please tell me who you got appointed with directly as a new agency? Thanks

Use either Superior or Insurance Noodle for now, continue working on your direct appointments. You'll need to do this to survive.

Long term, places like Superior are not that great for the bulk of your business, but they definitely help round out carriers you don't have directly. Short term, they will give you a place to put your standard/preferred business until you get direct appointments.

Pretty simple. Just don't plan on using them for everything for very long.

Dan

I just love reading your mature, professional and helpful posts, responds. Thank you.

I think the first payment is made to superior access and then therest are handled by the insurance provider. I have a friend that isusing them and he is happy with them. He is a new agent so he doesn’thave much experience with them. He said they are very helpful withbusiness policies he is not sure of. I looked at signing up withthem but I got another offer. I signed up with acaptive agency that is going to help me get signed up with a fewof the providers that I used when I worked as a indy. I think thatis the best way to do it.

I started with Superior. It is a must have for a new agency. It is a no brainer, cannot survive without it, until you get some decent carriers.

I signed up with acaptive agency that is going to help me get signed up with a fewof the providers that I used when I worked as a indy. I think thatis the best way to do it.

How is a captive going to help you get indy carriers?:swoon:

Back