Sure is Nice of the Banker's Agents to Offer Bundling

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I talked with prospect tonight who I thought I was on track to get an in home appointment since I followed the rules and prospect expressed interest in plans I offer but tonight she tells me that Banker's door knocked and got to her kitchen table first.

She told me she was interested in looking in to MA and Medigap on our initial conversations but she tells me today that she signed up with a new plan in town this agent was offering called Colonial Penn.She thought it was great because it comes with Life,Vision,dental and prescription all for 183.00 per month.When I asked her was it the plan N she said she wasn't sure.( Banker's rates are very high in Fl so it might be Hi Deductible F) When I asked her did she sign you up for part D she said the agent is still working on that and will come back this week to finish that up.When i asked if she was told what part D plan she was enrolling her in and the premium of the plan etc. she said the only thing she knows is she has to pay 26.00 a month for her 3 generics .She wasn't aware that there will be a separate part D premium because that too was " bundled" in the 183.00 monthly package deal.

How is it that these agents can sell a supplement and the client doesn't know which one they bought and don't know anything about their part D plan other than the total co payments for their 3 generics is 26.00 I imagine the reason the agent has to come back to finish the part D is because they think they are getting around the MIPPA rules by transacting the part D enrollment on a different day then the day the cold call door knock took place for the Med Supp.Since Banker's agents methodicaly door knock T65 the agent can't claim she wasn't aware the consumer might ask about buying part D or that she didn't give a part D presentation as a direct result of cold call - a door to door cold call no less!

This lady has no idea what she has because she hasn't got her copies of the brochures mailed yet.I actually have seen this many times before where the Banker's agents transacted deals without leaving any materials with client.

I am gong to see client next week.This should be fun.

I went in for one of their so called "interviews". What a joke! The whole thing just looked like a sleazy operation, this company needs to get yanked out of the market!

I'd wait another couple of weeks and door knock that same client. Of course within compliance, although I don't know your FL rules so not even sure you can do so. Anyway, if this is possible to door knock and discuss the supp only, and get a SOA signed for a later discussion and review of the Part D. You should be able to blow that Bankers/CP plan into the next county, or further. Good luck on it.

Yes, Bankers agents are among the sleezy-ist in the biz. You must protect this client from evil, think in terms of Batman or Superman.

I wrote plan F on a client for 7.01.13, $107/month.
On Monday this week, a Bankers agent door knocked her.
Bankers agent was pushing Plan G at $138/month.
The Bankers agent told her this was a better plan for the money.... ?????
How would the Bankers agent complete the replacement form, "less benefits", "More premium" LOL!

Colonial Penn med-sup rates for plan F here in the Florida panhandle are competitive with others, UHC, Stonebridge Life, etc........

Colonial Penn med-sup rates for plan F here in the Florida panhandle are competitive with others, UHC, Stonebridge Life, etc........

What's the age 65 premium for F and N.In north Fl F is 230.00 and N around 160.00 I believe.Do they have hi deductible F? how much?

What's the age 65 premium for F and N.In north Fl F is 230.00 and N around 160.00 I believe.Do they have hi deductible F? how much?

Here it's around $180-$185 a month for plan "F"....age 65. Not sure the rate on "N' or if they offer the high deductible "F".

And In iowa our plan f is 90.59 cheapest for female most are within 20 bucks of that all day 104.17 for male. Again all within 20 bucks

I wrote plan F on a client for 7.01.13, $107/month.
On Monday this week, a Bankers agent door knocked her.
Bankers agent was pushing Plan G at $138/month.
The Bankers agent told her this was a better plan for the money.... ?????
How would the Bankers agent complete the replacement form, "less benefits", "More premium" LOL!

I don't know maybe they have a special replacement form for banker's that has an additional reason for replacement - "new commissions" or maybe " churn and burn "

Do most carriers still send replacement form to agents to try to conserve business.?I write all my Med Supps with UHC and they don't send agent replacement forms unfortunately.This would be the best way to bust an agent churning for commissions.

In 2010 after Med Supp mederrnization Banker's agents where advising people that is was imperative that they get off pre modernized plans especially the J plan and get the modernized F

In one instance they were able to convince a couple who were only paying 170.00 for J from UHC because they enrolled at age 65 and enrolled them in the 70 year old rate band for Banker;'s plan F at about 260.00 per month.When I called client after I found out they canceled the plan J the client was actually mad at me for not alerting him to the medicare supplement modernization issue and he wouldn't even hear me out.The Banker's agents definitely put the razzle dazzle on these clients and had them believing I was a neglectful agent.

If they had stayed with the plan J they would be paying 180.00 a month now.I would have loved to have seen the replacement form. I understand from another agent that they evntually went back to UHC/AARP and took plan F- but at the 70-74 age band which is 237.00

This agent should be put out of the business for doing this.

Back