Suspend Your Netquote Account...and Fast!

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I'm a little embarrassed about this post. Just last week, I recommended NQ to a few Board members. Although I have clearly mentioned that some of their leads are crap and some are quite good, I have nonetheless recommended them.

Not any more. Today, I called two of my leads (one about one mile away, and the other about 25 miles away) within 30 seconds of receiving them. Both times the line was busy. In both cases, I called them back about 20 minutes later, only to be told they were being bombarded with calls.

Couldn't be. I ONLY pick zip codes that have three or less brokers working that area. In fact, I verify with NQ to confirm that fact.

But a funny thing happened a few weeks ago (or longer). NQ began selling leads at 50% off. I was informed that these zip codes now have EIGHT brokers calling including HBD and another call center. In fact, I assume all of my other zip codes are the same way.

The person that took my call was understanding and agreed that was too many. But of course, it was a corporate decision. She also said that they were very quickly "filling up" areas. Translation: We're trying to put eight brokers in every zip code.

Sorry NetQuote...I suspended my account. And I urge all of you to do the same. Get out now. Check back in a month or two.

me too.
Whats interesting is they give 1/2 off of a bunch of new leads for new agents. Current agents pay the same old price. No encouragement or benefit for loyalty.

I keep wanting to make internet leads work. Internet lead companies keep convincing me to look elsewhere.

Dan

Whats interesting is they give 1/2 off of a bunch of new leads for new agents. Current agents pay the same old price. No encouragement or benefit for loyalty.

I keep wanting to make internet leads work. Internet lead companies keep convincing me to look elsewhere.

Isn't this pretty much the "state of the union" for these internet lead providers?

Actually, current agents do get the 50% off. I added a bunch of zips earlier in the month for half of the normal price.

Everything was fine until this week when EVERY customer complained about all of the calls. It was almost as if NQ said, "OK...turn the faucet on."

It's obvious they are losing money/market share and have been for some time. They are trying to get back on track at the expense of agents...

Funny...just a minute ago I got a call from of of the NQ leads. Sure enough, she said that literally the second she pressed the "get quotes" button, the calls started coming...and coming.

The original lead was April 28th and I had emailed her the rates and left a message (just one).

She said that I was the only in-state person to call her (actually, she's two miles from the office) and would like to talk.

So maybe there is hope. But NQ has still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh...by the way...F 31 so her rate is about $100 per month. Peanuts...but that's Ohio for you.

And not to rant...but when a lot of other states have premiums 2-3 times higher...why would a call center waste their time on a low-premium area of the state?

Oh...by the way...F 31 so her rate is about $100 per month. Peanuts...but that's Ohio for you.

And not to rant...but when a lot of other states have premiums 2-3 times higher...why would a call center waste their time on a low-premium area of the state?

Alright Chumps, that sounds like a market premium for what the same case would cost here in Florida.

What kind of coverage does that $100/month buy in Ohio?

Speaking of Ohio (my ex-wife's home state) do you know Drew Carey?

Back