T-65 Letters

Vol
That is exactly where I am at right now, I am trying to come up with something to send, hence the hope that someone will share a sample letter or ideas with me. I haven't been sending anything to prospects at this point. My main focus has been servicing existing clients and doing several referrals and walk ins, but now I want to expand and grow some. Our agency has allowed this part of the business to drift for several years so I feel like I am starting from scratch to some extent.

This is avoidance behavior that will be ineffective unless you follow up the letter by phone or in person. I recommend saving your money and grabbing the phone or walking up to the door.

This is avoidance behavior that will be ineffective unless you follow up the letter by phone or in person. I recommend saving your money and grabbing the phone or walking up to the door.

Sometimes it is an ineffective avoidance behavior. But not always. Some have built a nice book of business with DM to T65. No doors knocked. No one called cold.

Do not attempt to reinvent the wheel! A lot of very talented insurance brokers and marketers have been working this game for decades. The advice that you are probably wasting your time is very good advice. I personally have blown thousands of dollars over the years by not listening to advice like this. You are probably not going to think of something that hasn't already been done and failed a thousand times over.

Your problem with writing and mailing your own letter is postage, materials and time. Postage alone is 48 cents a piece, plus paper, envelope, ink and your time. Your response rate with a custom letter to T-65 and no business reply option will be less than 1%. The only way mailing your own piece makes sense is if you establish a wholesale relationship with a trade printer that has an offset press and a bulk mailing service. You are much better off just paying a place like Kramer Direct or Target leads to mail some BRM postcards for you to T-65s. Trust me, I've tried just about everything. :GEEK:

Step 2.

Send them a letter. Don't tell them you are sending a letter, but send basically what you want to send to prospects.

Wait a week or so and then ask them about the letter you sent. I would pick a few and don't just pick the people who open everything. How many will even remember the letter?

How do you figure out which ones open everything? :skeptical:

My FMO provides access to T-65 lists at no cost so I am working on a letter to send to those in my area. I know there are other options such as lead mailers and the like but I would prefer to draft my own version of a letter, plus I honestly do not want to have to buy the mailers since I have a T-65 list already. Does anyone have a sample T-65 letter that they would mind sharing with me. I am having a bit of trouble developing good wording for the letter. I would greatly appreciate any help from you guys/gals!
You want to add your junk mail to this pile?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
Sometimes it is an ineffective avoidance behavior. But not always. Some have built a nice book of business with DM to T65. No doors knocked. No one called cold.

How large is the mailing you are doing? Is it professionally done bulk mailings or individual letters like this individual proposes? What do you do to distinguish yourself from all of the dozens of mailers they are receiving?

I've had some success mailing t65 with a custom "10 tips" mailer I made up amd send to my surrounding county. I keep it kinda small, there are about 5k people turning 65 in my area each year and I mail them every 2 months. I outsourced it to ups and they now do it all.

While it is expensive I've found it justifiable. The people who reply either email me or call my office so I have little extra effort to contact them. They also appreciate working with a broker and are less likely to meet with 3/4 people to get comparisons. I took the opposite approach of what I see in the mailbox, non descriptive mailers that dont give any inclination of who it is from and sketchy looking postcards, and went with a transparent approach. People know who they are working with and know why we are interacting.

I dont have a specific figure but if you look at the long term revenue of a client (cross selling, 10+ years of commission , referrals) each sale is worth a lot of money. I eye balled it at $2,000 over the life of the client which helps justify the expense. Now if you are just starting and don't have a renewal to fall back on that may be tough.

Back