T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

Here's the problem. The title of the thread asks for a "scirpt." If you had asked for a script you would have received different responses.

Actually, I don't cold call so I always can say something like, "I'm Rick Bronstein and you recently returned a card, were on the net, etc. Were you looking for a quote or general information?"

If you reach the proper age group (over 68), the response is generally good.

Rick

Rick, perhaps you are not responding to my post, but it follows right on my heels, hence the assumption that you are. If you look at the thread author, you will see that it is not my thread, so your comment "Here's the problem." etc. does not apply.

Looks like SAI followed your lead....

Rick, perhaps you are not responding to my post, but it follows right on my heels, hence the assumption that you are. If you look at the thread author, you will see that it is not my thread, so your comment "Here's the problem." etc. does not apply.

Looks like SAI followed your lead....
The response was really to "needing a script." Not sure that's really necessary but I do have a few key phrases in front of me.

My favorite is "Do you mind paying less?"

Rick

As far as "needing a script" goes, consider that one must, by regulations, use a CMS script to telemarket Medicare Advantage plans. Thankfully, there is no such regulation to telemarket Medicare Supplements.

Secondly, although scripts are used often in telemarketing, I think the sooner one can wean oneself off them, the better. However, it is a great help to those beginning a telemarketing campaign. Not everyone has the gift of gab that some of you seasoned veterans have. A script can be best used to keep focused on your selling points, and provide a response to common objections. Ad libbing is great, but until you are completely comfortable with your script, it is often best to stick to it. At some point it becomes second nature. I think many who object to scripts have forgotten what it was like when they first began.

I think many who object to scripts have forgotten what it was like when they first began.

And that makes someone unprofessional according to you? Maybe some don't tele-market and are still successful AND professional. But since they didn't provide a script on this thread, you call them unprofessional. Makes sense to me.

And that makes someone unprofessional according to you? Maybe some don't tele-market and are still successful AND professional. But since they didn't provide a script on this thread, you call them unprofessional. Makes sense to me.

Where in the world did you get that idea? I think you need to re-read the post that started this. I was joining in the complaint of unnecessary fluff in this thread that was totally unrelated to the subject. If you are joining in on a flame just for the sake of it, say so. I know there is a problem with the forum at present, but if you can't follow the thread, it might behoove you to keep your comments to yourself until you can read the whole thread.

Where in the world did you get that idea? I think you need to re-read the post that started this. I was joining in the complaint of unnecessary fluff in this thread that was totally unrelated to the subject. If you are joining in on a flame just for the sake of it, say so. I know there is a problem with the forum at present, but if you can't follow the thread, it might behoove you to keep your comments to yourself until you can read the whole thread.

Well let's just "retread" the reason I said what I did and you'll know "where in the world I got that idea". In post #125 of this thread, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIRLINBIZ
I only see one T-65 Telemarketing Script in this whole thread....anyone else like to contribute?????

You said - "I share your discontent. Makes one wonder where the "professionals" are.

Girlinbiz stated she only saw one telemarketing script and asked in anyone else would like to contribute. You then replied that you shared her discontent and wondered where the "professionals" are?

If you want to back track now and start clarifying your statement, you are more than welcome to do that. If you have a problem with this forum, start your own. But don't tell me to keep my comments to myself. Just because people aren't giving away something they either bought or developed themselves over many years of work doesn't make one unprofessional. I'm not the one flaming by calling others unprofessional. Last I checked, it was YOU that said that.

I have posted the conversation I have over the phone with a prospect numerous times in this forum. I have never posted a "script" because they don't work. One can't take another agents words and read them over the phone without sounding like one is reading someone else's words.

An agent's phone conversation should sound natural, sincere and fit the person the agent is talking to. If an agent asks how to do that then that agent has a long way to travel.

There are key questions that the agent should try to get answered. How those questions are asked depends on being able to read the prospect. Is that person smiling, in a hurry, paying attention, or annoyed?

Giving "good phone" is not dependent on a script. It is something that comes with lots and lots of practice and failures. When you hang up take a minute to replay the conversation in your mind. (A new agent should not try to see how many calls can be made in an hour. That will not get sales.)

Make note of what worked and especially what failed. However, what doesn't work with one prospect may get a sale with the next one. Learn to read the prospect in the first 10 seconds and then "talk" accordingly.

However, all of the above is probably just BS because, since I didn't post a "script", I guess I'm not a "professional".

Back