T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

Feb 19, 2008

Tags:
  1. Agent045

Agent045 Expert

Hello All... I am in the process of offering MA & MA-PD to the "turning" 65 market. Does anyone have any ideas on a good script to use?.. thanks in advance

Agent045, Feb 19, 2008
  2. retread

retread Guru

State:
    Kansas
    If you will search the forum, you will find a lot of posts regarding this item. Bottom line is: if you are marketing MA plans, you MUST use a CMS-approved script. This MUST be obtained from the MAO. Even if you were to develop your own script to submit to CMS for approval, if you speak directly about a specific plan, it must go through that carrier's approval process. I have been laboring with this for several months, myself.

If it will help, UHC's broker portal has the best offering I have seen. They really do have everything one needs for THEIR products. Other MAOs range from mediocre to non-existant with available scripts.

retread, Feb 19, 2008
  3. Agent045

Agent045 Expert

Thanks for reply, however I am not appointed with UHC, so I don't think I would be able to login to their broker portal.

Agent045, Feb 20, 2008
  4. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Hi, wanna buy a Medicare supplement?

KISS I say. Less is more. Be direct.

5. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Guru

State:
    Florida
    I think you will be disappointed with the turning 65 market.

I have always had much better success contacting people 67 to 78.

6. moonlightandmargaritas

State:
    Florida
    Frank, are a lot of 65s & 66s still working and on group plans? Is that the reason you suppose?

7. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Guru

State:
    Florida
    No. It is something that I have never been able to "pin down" to an exact reason. For the most part they seem to think that they can make that decision on their own.

I have tried numerous times to market to turning 65 using several different approaches and each time it has proved to be way too time consuming for the results I have received.

So now I leave them to make their own decisions, almost always the wrong ones, and then when they finally are willing to listen to reason I contact them. That usually seems to be around 67.

Each time I have tried, turning 65 has been a waste of time. The only turning 65 I write are referrals. Lately I have been getting the children of people I wrote several years ago who are now going on Medicare.

It's kind of cool to have both the parents and their "kids" as clients.

8. moonlightandmargaritas

State:
    Florida
    Probably a lot of people chasing the T65's too? Sounds like you have a sound strategy.

I don't work seniors, but I'm always curious as to what works.

9. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I agree with Frank Johnson! (Blazing Saddles referebce).

I'm only households with wome ages 70-77. They have received a bunch of increases in their med supps over the years and are receptive to other offers. T-65 for me is a waste of time.

However, I'm not as old as Frank so I'm not yet writing Medicare plans on my clients' children. (not the proper punctuation on "children".)

Rick

GreenSky, Feb 20, 2008
  10. moonlightandmargaritas

State:
    Florida
    Howard Johnson is right!

This group is what I call the "gigolo" market...even better if they're widows!!!